Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Consultant: The Challenges of Canadian Law Firm Mergers Dec. 21, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — A recent spate of cross-border mergers involving Canadian law firms present challenges for those involved, as well as opportunities, according to law firm consultant Jordan Furlong. With only about 10 Fortune 500 companies based in Canada, the country’s BigLaw market is driven by trade, and firms are scrambling for a global footprint, says Furlong, a consultant at Edge International and Stem Legal Web Enterprises. The risk is that many Canadian BigLaw firms get lots of business from U.S. firms, and merging with any one of them — as Norton Rose has done with the United States’ Fulbright & Jaworski — may make work from other U.S. firms dry up. There are rumors of more cross-border mergers in the offing, he says, but if any of the country’s very top firms take the plunge “then all bets are off. It will turn the market upside down,” he says.
Stealth Lawyers: The Zagats, Founders of Zagat Survey LLC Dec. 12, 2012 (Bloomberg) — Tim and Nina Zagat, founders of Zagat Survey LLC, discuss their transitions from practicing law to creating a restaurant review service. The Zagats, speaking with Bloomberg Law‘s Spencer Mazyck, also talk about the decision to sell their company to Google Inc. for $151 million in cash last year.
5 Richest Lawyers In America (Bloomberg Law) — Inspired by a post on the website Above the Law, we asked our Bloomberg Billionaires Index colleagues to research the wealthiest lawyers in America.* None of their fortunes are from practicing law: Robert Rowling is number 5. He briefly practiced tax law before joining his father’s oil and gas company. They’ve since sold it and now own Omni Hotels and Gold’s Gym. Number 4 is Randa Duncan Williams, daughter of oil billionaire Dan Duncan. Before joining the family’s Enterprise Products Company, she litigated toxic torts cases in Houston. New York’s Richard LeFrak is number 3. He went into the family real estate business after law school. Number 2 is Richard Kinder. He practiced law in Houston, then joined his friend Ken Lay at Enron. Now he’s CEO of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners. And number 1 is Rob Walton, chairman of Wal-Mart. He practiced briefly before joining the family business. He’s the only American lawyer among the world’s 100 wealthiest people, ranking number twelve *Net worth as of November 16, 2012
Law Firms Eye Mergers In Race To Go Global Dec. 3, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — Kent Zimmermann, consultant at the Zeughauser Group, talks with Bloomberg Law’s Lee Pacchia about the market forces behind a recent wave of law firm mergers. Zimmermann says mega-deals such as Norton Rose‘s merger with Fulbright & Jaworski and SNR Denton’s combination with Salans and Fraser Milner is more about building global footprints rather than maximizing short term profitability. Zimmermann notes that the urbanization of the world’s economy has spurred the majority firms in the AMLAW 100 to aspire to become preeminent global enterprises. Increasingly, he says, law firm leaders are looking to use mergers as a quick way to globalize.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- How Philanthropy Threatens Democracy – Los Angeles Review of BooksApril 29, 2017
- Elvis Had A Fascinating Habit Involving CadillacsApril 28, 2017
- Top financial adviser: Just working hard will not make you wealthyApril 28, 2017
- Money is pouring into the world’s hottest investment product at nearly a record-setting paceApril 28, 2017
- A supermodel-backed music festival where tickets cost up to $12,000 turned into a nightmare — here’s what happenedApril 28, 2017
- BOOM! American business just figured out how to play the Trump trade shakedown gameApril 28, 2017
- The biggest driver of the American economy just slammed into a wallApril 28, 2017
- Tom Hanks thinks billionaires should pay for their own NFL stadiumsApril 28, 2017
- Nepal’s Richest Man Is Hosting An Extravagant Wedding For His Son In Udaipur; The Billionaire Is Owner Of Wai Wai Noodle BrandApril 28, 2017
- Ranking billionaires: China adds girth to the world’s richestApril 28, 2017
- What sets self-made billionaires apart – The Globe and MailApril 28, 2017
- Jeff Bezos’ wealth crosses $80 billion markApril 28, 2017
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics