Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Consultant: The Challenges of Canadian Law Firm Mergers Dec. 21, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — A recent spate of cross-border mergers involving Canadian law firms present challenges for those involved, as well as opportunities, according to law firm consultant Jordan Furlong. With only about 10 Fortune 500 companies based in Canada, the country’s BigLaw market is driven by trade, and firms are scrambling for a global footprint, says Furlong, a consultant at Edge International and Stem Legal Web Enterprises. The risk is that many Canadian BigLaw firms get lots of business from U.S. firms, and merging with any one of them — as Norton Rose has done with the United States’ Fulbright & Jaworski — may make work from other U.S. firms dry up. There are rumors of more cross-border mergers in the offing, he says, but if any of the country’s very top firms take the plunge “then all bets are off. It will turn the market upside down,” he says.
Stealth Lawyers: The Zagats, Founders of Zagat Survey LLC Dec. 12, 2012 (Bloomberg) — Tim and Nina Zagat, founders of Zagat Survey LLC, discuss their transitions from practicing law to creating a restaurant review service. The Zagats, speaking with Bloomberg Law‘s Spencer Mazyck, also talk about the decision to sell their company to Google Inc. for $151 million in cash last year.
5 Richest Lawyers In America (Bloomberg Law) — Inspired by a post on the website Above the Law, we asked our Bloomberg Billionaires Index colleagues to research the wealthiest lawyers in America.* None of their fortunes are from practicing law: Robert Rowling is number 5. He briefly practiced tax law before joining his father’s oil and gas company. They’ve since sold it and now own Omni Hotels and Gold’s Gym. Number 4 is Randa Duncan Williams, daughter of oil billionaire Dan Duncan. Before joining the family’s Enterprise Products Company, she litigated toxic torts cases in Houston. New York’s Richard LeFrak is number 3. He went into the family real estate business after law school. Number 2 is Richard Kinder. He practiced law in Houston, then joined his friend Ken Lay at Enron. Now he’s CEO of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners. And number 1 is Rob Walton, chairman of Wal-Mart. He practiced briefly before joining the family business. He’s the only American lawyer among the world’s 100 wealthiest people, ranking number twelve *Net worth as of November 16, 2012
Law Firms Eye Mergers In Race To Go Global Dec. 3, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — Kent Zimmermann, consultant at the Zeughauser Group, talks with Bloomberg Law’s Lee Pacchia about the market forces behind a recent wave of law firm mergers. Zimmermann says mega-deals such as Norton Rose‘s merger with Fulbright & Jaworski and SNR Denton’s combination with Salans and Fraser Milner is more about building global footprints rather than maximizing short term profitability. Zimmermann notes that the urbanization of the world’s economy has spurred the majority firms in the AMLAW 100 to aspire to become preeminent global enterprises. Increasingly, he says, law firm leaders are looking to use mergers as a quick way to globalize.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Michael Jordan’s Private Jet Has An Elephant Print Paint JobFebruary 22, 2017
- The Complicated Billionaire Behind The Dakota Access PipelineFebruary 22, 2017
- Meet The Chinese Billionaire Who Wants To Bring Professional Hockey To ChinaFebruary 22, 2017
- The Value Of The Golden State Warriors Has Increased Exponentially In A Short Amount Of TimeFebruary 22, 2017
- Chance The Rapper Is Turning Down $10 Million Advance Offers Left And RightFebruary 22, 2017
- Tax season is upon us: Here’s what you need to know to complete your returnFebruary 22, 2017
- Only paying the minimum on credit cards and loans is a recipe for trouble, new survey findsFebruary 22, 2017
- Here’s how much money you should have saved at every ageFebruary 22, 2017
- This is a Reagan-like rally and here’s how much higher stocks can go, Ralph Acampora saysFebruary 22, 2017
- The $143 billion flop: How Warren Buffett and 3G lost UnileverFebruary 22, 2017
- These are the most — and least — dependable vehiclesFebruary 22, 2017
- A rare look inside the $21 million ‘Princess’ megayacht that has 5 cabins and a JacuzziFebruary 22, 2017
- Traffic delays will cost the UK economy more than £300 billion by 2030February 22, 2017
- Over 50% of people in the UK think they’d be better off starting a business abroadFebruary 22, 2017
- Diva demands and peeing on seats: Here’s why flight attendants hate working in first and business classFebruary 22, 2017
- Bitcoin is closing in on its all-time highFebruary 22, 2017
- B.C. Liberals’ Pre-Election Budget Cuts Health PremiumsFebruary 22, 2017
- Mumbai Is India’s Richest City With $820 Billion Total Wealth, Delhi Stands 2nd At $450 BillionFebruary 22, 2017
- DesignQ’s Elegante Airplane Interior Is a Mobile Residence for the Jet SetFebruary 22, 2017
- 186-Year-Old Farm Is One of South Africa’s Newest Must-See ResortsFebruary 22, 2017
- Plans Revealed for Couach 38-Meter Lounge Explorer YachtFebruary 22, 2017
- The Ferrari 812 Superfast Is the Most Powerful Prancing Horse Ever ProducedFebruary 22, 2017
- Why Investor Immigrants Are Choosing Canada Over U.S.February 21, 2017
- Richard Branson: To get to the top, hustle like an underdogFebruary 21, 2017
- Here are the places where millionaires are movingFebruary 21, 2017
- Jack Bogle doesn’t feel ‘super confident’ about the market rally – here’s whyFebruary 21, 2017
- The Rebirth Of Burger King Has Made 3G Capital, Bill Ackman And Warren Buffett Over $14 BillionFebruary 21, 2017
- How Charles Schwab’s chief investment strategist manages her own moneyFebruary 21, 2017
- Elliott Wave suggests the stock market isn’t anywhere near a topFebruary 21, 2017
- Icahn buys Bristol-Myers shares, adding to activist pressureFebruary 21, 2017
- A huge disconnect is taking place between the stock market and earningsFebruary 21, 2017
- Malcolm Gladwell rips into Stanford University’s request for donations: ‘You might as well send your check to the Sultan of Brunei’February 21, 2017
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says Bill Gates’ original mission ‘always bothered me’February 21, 2017
- How CEOs across America feel about Trump — and what they think he’ll do to their businessesFebruary 21, 2017
- INSIDE THE ROADSHOW: Snapchat just met with prospective investors in NYC and faced tough questionsFebruary 21, 2017
- It’s worse than you thought: Americans are drastically under-saved for retirementFebruary 21, 2017
- Apple’s stock surges to another record after Morgan Stanley boosts price targetFebruary 21, 2017
- Bill Gates supposedly has long way to go to catch the real richest man in the worldFebruary 21, 2017
- Pay attention to these three financial experts if you want to survive the coming financial superstorm: Michael Pento, James Rickards and Gerald CelenteFebruary 21, 2017
- Pursue Those Scary Dreams and Crazy Ideas to Make Every Day Your Best Day EverFebruary 20, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics