Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Consultant: The Challenges of Canadian Law Firm Mergers Dec. 21, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — A recent spate of cross-border mergers involving Canadian law firms present challenges for those involved, as well as opportunities, according to law firm consultant Jordan Furlong. With only about 10 Fortune 500 companies based in Canada, the country’s BigLaw market is driven by trade, and firms are scrambling for a global footprint, says Furlong, a consultant at Edge International and Stem Legal Web Enterprises. The risk is that many Canadian BigLaw firms get lots of business from U.S. firms, and merging with any one of them — as Norton Rose has done with the United States’ Fulbright & Jaworski — may make work from other U.S. firms dry up. There are rumors of more cross-border mergers in the offing, he says, but if any of the country’s very top firms take the plunge “then all bets are off. It will turn the market upside down,” he says.
Stealth Lawyers: The Zagats, Founders of Zagat Survey LLC Dec. 12, 2012 (Bloomberg) — Tim and Nina Zagat, founders of Zagat Survey LLC, discuss their transitions from practicing law to creating a restaurant review service. The Zagats, speaking with Bloomberg Law‘s Spencer Mazyck, also talk about the decision to sell their company to Google Inc. for $151 million in cash last year.
5 Richest Lawyers In America (Bloomberg Law) — Inspired by a post on the website Above the Law, we asked our Bloomberg Billionaires Index colleagues to research the wealthiest lawyers in America.* None of their fortunes are from practicing law: Robert Rowling is number 5. He briefly practiced tax law before joining his father’s oil and gas company. They’ve since sold it and now own Omni Hotels and Gold’s Gym. Number 4 is Randa Duncan Williams, daughter of oil billionaire Dan Duncan. Before joining the family’s Enterprise Products Company, she litigated toxic torts cases in Houston. New York’s Richard LeFrak is number 3. He went into the family real estate business after law school. Number 2 is Richard Kinder. He practiced law in Houston, then joined his friend Ken Lay at Enron. Now he’s CEO of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners. And number 1 is Rob Walton, chairman of Wal-Mart. He practiced briefly before joining the family business. He’s the only American lawyer among the world’s 100 wealthiest people, ranking number twelve *Net worth as of November 16, 2012
Law Firms Eye Mergers In Race To Go Global Dec. 3, 2012 (Bloomberg Law) — Kent Zimmermann, consultant at the Zeughauser Group, talks with Bloomberg Law’s Lee Pacchia about the market forces behind a recent wave of law firm mergers. Zimmermann says mega-deals such as Norton Rose‘s merger with Fulbright & Jaworski and SNR Denton’s combination with Salans and Fraser Milner is more about building global footprints rather than maximizing short term profitability. Zimmermann notes that the urbanization of the world’s economy has spurred the majority firms in the AMLAW 100 to aspire to become preeminent global enterprises. Increasingly, he says, law firm leaders are looking to use mergers as a quick way to globalize.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- US oil rig count spikes by the most in nearly 4 yearsJanuary 20, 2017
- Here’s how much debt the US government added under President ObamaJanuary 20, 2017
- There’s one business on Wall Street that has suddenly ‘become a lot more interesting’January 20, 2017
- President Obama made one of history’s greatest stock market calls in March 2009January 20, 2017
- A personal finance columnist with 15 years of experience shares her 3 biggest money regretsJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘From this moment on, it’s going to be America First’: Here’s President Donald Trump’s full inauguration speechJanuary 20, 2017
- THE TRUMP 5: Meet the offspring of President Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump is creating a huge problem for the future of the auto industryJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘Thank you’: Obama offers final words for the American people after leaving a note for Trump in the Oval OfficeJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump inaugurated as 45th presidentJanuary 20, 2017
- How to Find and Start Your Next Entrepreneurial EffortJanuary 20, 2017
- The 4 Essentials of a Customer Service PlanJanuary 20, 2017
- Sheryl Sandberg: We Can Change the Face of Leadership Through AdvertisingJanuary 20, 2017
- What Franchisees Need to Know About Vendor ContractsJanuary 20, 2017
- Pessimists Aren’t All That BadJanuary 20, 2017
- 10 Entrepreneurs Share Fail-Safe Strategies For More Effective MeetingsJanuary 20, 2017
- 4 Lessons Every Entrepreneur Can Learn From Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Insight Vacations launches 2017 luxury gold portfolio – The Economic TimesJanuary 20, 2017
- Introducing: The Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Night & Day In New 38.5mm ‘Large’ SizeJanuary 20, 2017
- Luxury Watches Online: 4 Digital TrendsJanuary 20, 2017
- 2017 Predictions for the Luxury Industry: Adapt to SucceedJanuary 20, 2017
- Health is the New Wealth for the Affluent Asian ConsumerJanuary 20, 2017
- Assets of High Net Worth investors growingJanuary 20, 2017
- European Union Still Lags Behind Where Bitcoin is ConcernedJanuary 19, 2017
- Why Millennials Are Poorer Than Their Baby-Boomer ParentsJanuary 19, 2017
- Glamorous party girl conned pensioners out of £2m to fund her luxury lifestyle of the best restaurants and trips to the racesJanuary 19, 2017
- 17 Luxury Watches With Marvellous MechanismsJanuary 19, 2017
- High Speed Traders Are Taking Over BitcoinJanuary 19, 2017
- Indian CEOs most optimistic amidst global gloom; hiring to boom this yearJanuary 19, 2017
- Bitcoin: Why It Now Belongs in Every PortfolioJanuary 19, 2017
- Toronto is Becoming a Market for Luxury Products | The Toronto ObserverJanuary 19, 2017
- Baby boomers begin to drain cash in the US – MacroBusinessJanuary 19, 2017
- 10 Leadership Blind Spots That Can Trigger Business Crises In 2017January 19, 2017
- CEOs actually ARE dissing Trump’s claims on jobsJanuary 19, 2017
- Growing The Market: A Bitcoin Shopping GuideJanuary 19, 2017
- Bitcoin is having trouble getting through $900January 19, 2017
- Boomerang kids causing baby boomer parents to stress about retirement, survey suggestsJanuary 19, 2017
- Baby boomers spend the most online (but Gen X buy more)January 19, 2017
- Comparing 25- to 34-year-olds now with 25- to 34-year-olds in 1989 is super depressingJanuary 19, 2017
- Column: Broke baby boomers, it’s time to face realityJanuary 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics