Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Before splurging on that must-have gift this holiday season, experts warn that some items are better bought at other times, or not at all.
This year, 2013, has been very difficult for our family. Without getting into all the details, some major life events all occurred simultaneously to test our family in 2013. First, my mother was admitted into hospital in January and then to a nursing home in February because she was in massive pain from her hip replacement in November last year and an undiagnosed fractured spine. My parents have lived with our family for several years now as my spouse and I wanted to monitor their declining health while giving my parents the opportunity to enjoy our children and watch them grow up. In the Spring, my health issues began with Pnuemonia that took me out of commission for 6 weeks. Shortly thereafter, I came down with severe pnuemonia again and was admitted to hospital. At the hospital, it was discovered that the underlying cause of my pnuemonia was Luekemia, or Cancer, and I stayed in the hospital for most of this fall in critical condition as the Doctors treated my Pnuemonia and Cancer, including receiving chemo therapy. I was sent home in late October from the hospital, while still having pnuemonia and no immune system, so that I can recuperate in a comfortable environment while my body rebuilds my immune system. Luckily, from my latest blood work, it seems like my cancer is in remission, something to be very grateful for as the Holiday Season approaches. A few days after I entered the hospital in critical condition, my mother passed away. As my mother lived a very giving and caring life, and was approaching her 88th Birthday, I am sure that she decided that she should be in Heaven, when she heard about my cancer, so that she could advocate on my behalf for my quick recovery. The most difficult thing that I have experienced in my life to date was not being by her side those last moments or even being able to attend her funeral. Worse yet, because my body was in critical condition, I was not able to properly grieve her loss so I have a pent up sadness within me. I really miss you mom and I hope that you enjoy your first Christmas in Heaven. Thank you for everything that you did for me and my family. I love you with all my heart. Many other things happened in 2013 on a personal and financial side, which also negatively impacted our family (as the old saying goes “when it rains, it pours”) but I think you get the picture that 2013 was a very challenging year for us so I will not dwell on these problems any longer. While I have been recovering, I have been given the opportunity to rethink life. Today, I would like to share with you my views on the five stages of our life journey as we move from success to significance. 1) Dependence – When we are born, and through […]
Exclusive Billionaires Resort Fully Booked Way Ahead Of The Festive Season Published on Nov 12, 2013 Tourism in Kilifi county has landed a major boost after Italian billionaire Flavio Briatore announced named exclusive billionaires resort will open its doors mid next month. The resort is the latest high end tourists facility along the pristine Malindi coastline and is already fully booked for the december holiday season.
Luxury sail Yacht club for the rich
Five Tips for a Happy Family Vacation Bruce Feiler, author of “The Secrets of Happy Families,” gives his top five tips to improve your family vacation this summer.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Multitask, According to a MIT NeuroscientistDecember 9, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why Servants Are Better in LeadershipDecember 9, 2016
- The $2.6 million Bugatti Chiron is like no other car in the worldDecember 9, 2016
- Wall Street opens higher on gains in health stocksDecember 9, 2016
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in OctoberDecember 9, 2016
- Here’s the presentation David Einhorn just gave to a room of elite hedge fund managersDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- ‘Evidence not politics’: Committee recommends ending Ottawa veto on pipelinesDecember 9, 2016
- The US is $19.9 trillion in debt — here are the countries we owe the mostDecember 9, 2016
- A financial planner reveals an important money lesson young people can learn from the richDecember 9, 2016
- ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ author Tim Ferriss reveals 2 common principles he’s found in successful peopleDecember 9, 2016
- Q&A: GoFundMe CEO Rob Solomon on the Fort Mac Fires and the future of online givingDecember 9, 2016
- Government workers keep getting richer off money taken from the rest of usDecember 9, 2016
- Americans’ odds of earnings more than their parents have plungedDecember 9, 2016
- Robert Shiller on the market rally: ‘Trump does magic’December 9, 2016
- Markets are on a ‘sugar high,’ billionaire hedge fund manager Marc Lasry saysDecember 9, 2016
- This Is How Billionaires Do Their Christmas ShoppingDecember 9, 2016
- Billionaire Rinehart Cleared to Buy Iconic Aussie Cattle CompanyDecember 9, 2016
- Carlos Slim Invests $750 Million More in Telekom AustriaDecember 9, 2016
- Australia’s Luxury Car Market Has Hit A Record High — What’s Behind It?December 9, 2016
- Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley buys a £40m JET despite plummeting profitsDecember 9, 2016
- The rise of the ‘Social CEO’December 8, 2016
- 15 of the Most Beautiful Places in Canada | Cosmopolitan – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- How To Accumulate Real Wealth | CNBC – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- 5 More Reasons Why Most People Don’t Become Wealthy | Brian Tracy – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- PepsiCo CEO: I Write Letters to Parents of My Executives – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- The David Rubenstein Show: Bill Gates – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- China is about to hit Macau hard, and casino stocks are getting spankedDecember 8, 2016
- A behavioral economist reveals when it’s time to quit to your jobDecember 8, 2016
- Something interesting — and possibly alarming — is happening with Tesla stockDecember 8, 2016
- Inflationary pressures are stirring in ChinaDecember 8, 2016
- 4 billionaires who support kids non-profits | EasierDecember 8, 2016
- Only 51% of 30-year-olds are making more money than their parents didDecember 8, 2016
- Stock benchmarks just did something they haven’t done in nearly 20 yearsDecember 8, 2016
- Google Makes So Much Money, It Never Had to Worry About Financial Discipline—Until NowDecember 8, 2016
- Woman on New Canada $10 Bill Fought Racism Before Rosa ParksDecember 8, 2016
- Don’t buy into the dividend ‘fallacy,’ new academic paper warnsDecember 8, 2016
- Market indicator hits extreme levels last seen before plunges in 1929, 2000 and 2008December 8, 2016
- Changing Charitable Donations May Be AdvisableDecember 8, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics