Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Hans Rosling and Ola Rosling: How not to be ignorant about the world How much do you know about the world? Hans Rosling, with his famous charts of global population, health and income data (and an extra-extra-long pointer), demonstrates that you have a high statistical chance of being quite wrong about what you think you know. Play along with his audience quiz — then, from Hans’ son Ola, learn 4 ways to quickly get less ignorant.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
The key to success in business? The human[ities] | Marika Taishoff The global economic crisis has brought to the fore a more long-standing debate about the content and purpose of management education. While the functional and technical skills have long been the bedrock of management education, a new approach is to also incorporate the humanities into the curriculum to foster the critical, creative, and, yes, human-centered thinking. In this TEDxIUM talk, Professor Marika Taishoff covers how this kind of learning agility is necessary when textbooks no longer provide the answers. Dr. Marika Taishoff is currently the Director of the Executive and Full-Time MBA programs at the International University of Monaco. Originally from New York City, Dr. Taishoff has had many years of experience teaching, writing, and consulting about customer-focused orientation, strategy marketing, and luxury and premium services. She has written numerous case studies on best practice in service management and marketing, many of which are global award winners. Dr. Taishoff was recently nominated by the Case Center as one of the top 40 case writers in the World.
/ Ancestry, Beliefs, Biography, Climate, Culture, Destiny, Education, Evolution, Globalization, Human Capital, Humanity, Learning, Legacy Planning, Legacy Resources, Philosophy, Social Networks, Stories, Trends, Wisdom
Introduction to Thresholds of Increasing Complexity | Big History Project Threshold 1: The Big Bang | Big History Project Threshold 2: The Stars Light Up | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Stars & Galaxies Threshold 3: New Chemical Elements | Big History Project The Periodic Table: Crash Course Chemistry Threshold 4: Earth & Solar System | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Solar System & the Earth What Was The Young Earth Like? | Big History Project Threshold 5: Life on Earth Video | Big History Project Mini Thresholds Of Life | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Origin of Life How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs from The Big History Project Threshold 6: Humans and Collective Learning | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Human Evolution Migrations and Technological Creativity | Big History Project Threshold 7: Agriculture | Big History Project Where and Why Did the First Cities and States Appear? | Big History Project Why Did Civilizations Expand? | Big History Project How Did the World Become Interconnected? | Big History Project Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution | Big History Project Coal, Steam, and The Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History How Did Change Accelerate? | Big History Project
PhotoReading – American photoreaders talk about photoreading Paul Scheely of Learning Strategies and American photoreaders talking about their experiences with photoreading and speed reading.
Eventually No One Will Feel Ostracized – Embracing Differences: Erika Gruidl See how one high school student created a team to overcome bureaucracy and life-long lessons in ignoring those with differences, causing a local school to step away from the exclusive mentality of high school and embrace the differences of six remarkable students. Special needs students that had been isolated in the school system became super stars at Livermore High. The change initiated in 2011 persisted with incoming Freshman, as the student body demonstrated to the younger students, who had not yet seen the Shooting Stars, ‘how to act with those with differences.’ Erika Gruidl, Founder of Shooting Stars, a cheer squad comprised of Special Needs students, speaks about the journey in creating a world where everyone feels welcomed. Erika loved performing as a varsity cheerleader for her school and believed Special Needs students deserved the chance to experience the same sort of joy. After initial resistance, the Shooting Stars were ultimately acknowledged, recognized and welcomed by the entire student body.
/ Branding, Coaching, Collaboration, College, Communication, Communication, Education, Importance of Language, Leadership, Learning, Marketing, Mentoring, Philosophy, Productivity, Sales, Social Capital, Social Networks, Stories, Team, Visionary
What we learned from 5 million books – Erez Lieberman Aiden and Jean-Baptiste Michel Have you played with Google Labs’ Ngram Viewer? It’s an addicting tool that lets you search for words and ideas in a database of 5 million books from across centuries. Erez Lieberman Aiden and Jean-Baptiste Michel show us how it works, and a few of the surprising things we can learn from 500 billion words.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics