Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
10 billion people for dinner | Nina Fedoroff The world population is estimated to reach 10 billion in the near future. How can we feed so many with our existing resources? Nina Fedoroff gives an overview of what’s needed, highlighting the important role that science has played in developing food and agriculture throughout human history and the solutions it could offer. Nina Fedoroff’s research interests range from the biochemistry of microRNA processing and transposition to the design of greenhouses for hot, humid environments, although she is best known for her pioneering work on plant transposons. A PhD from Rockefeller University, she is an Evan Pugh Professor at Pennsylvania State University. A 2006 National Medal of Science laureate, she served as Science and Technology Adviser to the US Secretary of State and to USAID’s administrator.
Consumer price hikes hit your wallet Consumer prices jumped 0.4% May, its sharpest increase in 15 months. Christine Romans breaks down the numbers for New Day’s Michaela Pereira.
US Economic Leadership — Is it at Risk? On February 26, 2014, the Richman center hosted a Public Lecture Series on ” US Economic Leadership- Is it at Risk? ” featuring Glenn Hubbard, Dean and Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School and moderated by Edmund S. Phelps, 2006 Nobel Prize Winner, McVickar Professor of Political Economy and Director of the Center on Capitalism and Society, Columbia University. From Rome to Spain to Japan, policy mistakes on currencies, immigration, regulation, government oversight and intervention and other key issues, have had devastating impacts on nations and their people. What are our policy makers doing right and wrong? What are they avoiding that they should be doing? How can we avoid repeating history? This lecture will look at current economic policies and policy decisions our leaders should be making.
Peter Blair Henry: Third World Lessons for First World Growth Economist Peter Blair Henry shares three principles on how emerging countries transformed themselves for rapid growth over the last 35 years. He points out the remarkable turnaround of emerging markets are due to discipline, clarity, and trust. Henry believes “the biggest deficit that threatens joint prosperity between emerging and advanced economies is trust.” Peter Blair Henry is the Dean of New York University’s Stern School of Business and a former Professor of International Economics at Stanford University. Henry spoke about his book “Turnaround: Third World Lessons for First World Growth” at Stanford Graduate School of Business as part of the Global Speaker Series on May 28, 2014.
IMF Chief Christine Lagarde at Stanford’s Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies Christine Lagarde, head of the IMF, expresses optimism about the global economy during a talk at Stanford on Feb. 25, 2014. Credit: Roger Winkelman
Using Water Wisely: The Business Case for Sustainable Water Management Two thought-provoking conversations on how corporate water management strategies are developed and implemented, featuring Tom Cooper, Corporate Water Programs Manager at Intel, and Greg Koch, Directer of Global Water Stewardship at The Coca-Cola Company. Moderated by Brad Gentry
Predicting the Future of the World Economy When professional stock analysts can’t predict the market — and when monkeys throwing darts at a newspaper pick as many winners as seasoned portfolio managers — who, if anyone, can predict what’s ahead? Five of the foremost economists of our time match wits with Gideon Rose, editor of Foreign Affairs, to uncover the trends that will move markets in the months and years to come. The panel includes: Jacob Frenkel, chairman, JPMorganChase International Glenn Hubbard, dean and Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School, Ruchir Sharma, Head of Emerging Markets and Global Macro, Morgan Stanley Investment Management Joseph Stiglitz, University Professor, Columbia University Shang-Jin Wei, NT Wang Professor of Chinese Business and Economy; Director of the Jerome A. Chazen Institute of International Business, Columbia Business School Presented by the Chazen Institute of International Business with media partner Foreign Affairs.
Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners Can Use Acquisitions to Double or Triple Their Customer Base Overnight Oftentimes it’s easier to significantly increase your customer base through the acquisition of competitors than it is with the more commonly used marketing route. Anyone with at least a modicum of business experience appreciates just how challenging it is for an established business to grow its customer base by 10% per annum if it relies solely on marketing efforts. On the other hand, the acquisition of a competitor can double, triple, or quadruple your customer base at deal closing. Business Growth Strategies What many business owners don’t realize is that it can be cheaper as well faster to go with the acquisitions growth strategy. To illustrate this, let’s take a look at cases where this was capitalized on from the recent past. Specifically, let’s look at businesses which utilized subscriber revenue models such as cable-TV and Internet service providers. If you owned a small system in either industry, you were faced with a choice of growth through marketing or acquisitions. Now suppose that you had set as your goal a doubling of your subscriber base in five year’s time. We will assume that this target is extrapolated from your growth rates over the last three years. An analysis of your customer acquisition costs needed to double your sales over three years may show that a marketing based strategy’s costs will exceed those of an acquisition strategy. Morever, the acquisitions route will achieve your goal by doubling the subscriber base as soon as the deal is finalized. Are you still not convinced that an acquisitions-base growth strategy is the way to go? Okay, let me throw in another reason to seriously consider this option: lower risk. Yes, if you know your business and industry and decide to buy-out a competitor your risk can be reduced because you are taking control of an asset that you understand and that has passed your due diligence. Imagine for a moment that you own and operate a pizza parlor and are looking for ways to expand. One day a marketing consultant calls on you to pitch a new marketing strategy which he promises will double your sales over three years–but at a substantial cost. The week after you are notified by a friend that your competitor down the street is for sale. Acquisition of this pizza joint would instantly double your revenue. You compare the prices of the two options and discover that they are only about 15% apart. Which is the lower risk option? In most cases, the acquisition of an add-on profit center for your business. After all, you already know to successfully operate such a business and the lenders will trust you more than someone needing a loan to attempt some unproven growth strategy. Business Growth via Acquisitions Back in the 1990s, there was a great deal of M&A activity in the printing industry. One large printer embarked on […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
- From startup to shutdown: 5 tips for entrepreneurs from billionaire Richard BransonMarch 28, 2017
- Goldcorp spends nearly $1 billion to get into Chilean joint venture with Barrick GoldMarch 28, 2017
- The UK is about to formally trigger the Brexit process — here’s what that meansMarch 28, 2017
- Billionaire Mittal Sells $952 Million Stake in India Tower UnitMarch 28, 2017
- Picasso, Monet, and Other Legendary Artists Stayed at These Posh HotelsMarch 28, 2017
- Kavalan’s Five New Single Malts Are Spirited StandoutsMarch 28, 2017
- Sneak Peek: The Waldorf Astoria Beverly HillsMarch 28, 2017
- How middle-class and even wealthy American families are sliding inexorably into the redMarch 27, 2017
- New cars are taking longer to sell than they have since 2009March 27, 2017
- As the stock market sags, it might be time to turn bullishMarch 27, 2017
- Why Your Organization Needs You To Check Your Ego At The DoorMarch 27, 2017
- Amancio Ortega Now World’s Third-Richest Person As Net Worth Soars $1.2 BillionMarch 27, 2017
- Celeb 100: The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities Of 2016March 27, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes SportsMoney Index, The Definitive Money Ranking In SportsMarch 27, 2017
- Forbes 2017 Billionaires List: Meet The Richest People On The PlanetMarch 27, 2017
- Inside the exclusive New York gym where Hugh Jackman, Victoria’s Secret models and Wall Streeters work outMarch 27, 2017
- Here’s how Warren Buffett pays such a low tax rateMarch 27, 2017
- Life Insurance Policy Selection and DesignMarch 27, 2017
- Think Global to Avoid Shrinking U.S. Stock MarketMarch 27, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics