Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Passion and Discipline: Don Quixote’s Lessons for Leadership A retired professor of business, education, political science, sociology, and psychology – not to mention the author of six books of poetry – James G. March recently turned his attention to film. Nearly a decade after he last taught his landmark course Organizational Leadership at Stanford Graduate School of Business, March has translated part of it into the lecture-length film Passion and Discipline: Don Quixote’s Lessons for Leadership.
The Importance of Persistence: Dennis E. Murphree Mr. Murphree is principal of Murphree Venture Partners. He earned a B.A. degree in economics from SMU in 1969 and an M.B.A. from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1971. A former member of SMU’s Board of Trustees and Alumni Board, Mr. Murphree serves on the Dedman College Executive Board, and the SMU-in-Taos Executive Board.
Boost Your Productivity: The Chain Method by Peter Ireland Jerry Seinfeld’s Chains Productivity Secret Everyone has been talking about the chain method for building commitment and focus of late. It’s been attributed to Jerry Seinfeld but I have a recollection of reading about it somewhere long ago. In a nut shell, it works like this: Jerry [Seinfeld] said the way to be a better comic was to create better jokes and the way to create better jokes was to write every day. But his advice was better than that. He had a gem of a leverage technique he used on himself and you can use it to motivate yourself—even when you don’t feel like it. He revealed a unique calendar system he uses to pressure himself to write. Here’s how it works. He told me to get a big wall calendar that has a whole year on one page and hang it on a prominent wall. The next step was to get a big red magic marker. He said for each day that I do my task of writing, I get to put a big red X over that day. “After a few days you’ll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You’ll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain.” “Don’t break the chain,” he said again for emphasis. I can see this working for me. Here’s the source for the above quote. Now there’s at least one tool for using the chains method for staying on course. Chains.cc is an online motivational tool based on the “don’t break the chain” method that helps you stick to your good habits and break bad ones. Each day you complete a task you want to keep up, you mark it in your chains. The chain will grow longer with each day and soon your main motivation is to keep the chain from breaking. Your chains are shown visually with several great looking skins to choose from. To Learn More About Becoming a Tycoon, Click Here.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Courage, Discipline, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Game Changers, Goals, Habits, Hope, Human Capital, Ideas, Leadership, Management, Movement, Philosophy, Planning, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Problems, Process, Productivity, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Self Awareness, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, Time Management, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Willpower, Wisdom, Work Life balance
Do the hard jobs first – Dale Carnegie
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Business Standards, Business Values, Care, CEO, Character, Choices, Conation, Courage, Creativity, Discipline, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Family Values, Game Changers, Goals, Habits, Hope, Human Resources, Ideas, Integrity, Leadership, Management, Parenting, Philosophy, Productivity, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Service, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Success, Talent Management, Team, The Secret, Trust, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
Do the little jobs well – Dale Carnegie
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Business Standards, Character, Choices, Communication, Communication, Consequences, Crisis, Culture, Discipline, Ego, Ethics, Family, Family Values, Friendship, Goals, Habits, Human Capital, Ideas, Importance of Language, Integrity, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Pain, Parenting, Personality Types, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Problems, Quotes, Regrets, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Social Capital, Social Networks, Strategic Planning, Team, Values, Well Being, Wisdom
/ Achievement, Aging and Longevity, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, CEO, Change, Choices, Discipline, Dynasties, Entrepreneur, Evolution, Family Business, Game Changers, Goals, Habits, Hope, Human Capital, Ideas, Inspiration, Integrity, Leadership, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Mind Body, Mission, Motivation, Motivational Resources, Movement, Passion, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Productivity, Purpose, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Significance, Starting a Business, Stewardship, Strategic Planning, Success, The Secret, Time Management, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Willpower, Wisdom, Work Life balance
If you love life, don’t waste time – Bruce Lee
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bill Gates explains how he stays incognito in public: ‘I sometimes wear a hat’February 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett made an inappropriate remark to describe the logic behind a $140 billion takeover bidFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett grows Berkshire Hathaway AAPL stake to 133 million shares worth $17 billionFebruary 27, 2017
- Why a family office trumps unstructured wealth managementFebruary 27, 2017
- The right structure: Building Asian family offices | Campden FBFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: U.S. stocks could ‘go down 20% tomorrow,’ but we are not in ‘bubble territory’February 27, 2017
- Brace for a sell-off in Canadian bonds because a sea change is coming, BMO warnsFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett just shared his best investment advice, and said the ‘elite’ have wasted $100 billion ignoring itFebruary 27, 2017
- Lifelong entrepreneur: There’s one way to ensure you never fail at starting a businessFebruary 27, 2017
- 20 quotes from self-made billionaire Mark Cuban that will make you better with moneyFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett hung newspapers from 7 market catastrophes on an office wall to remind him ‘anything can happen’February 27, 2017
- The US states that take the most from your paycheckFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs downgrades Tesla — and the stock is falling (TSLA) | 02/27/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 27, 2017
- REPORT: The Japanese telecom giant SoftBank is looking to invest $3 billion in WeWorkFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett name-checked a key executive in a letter to investors, and said ‘if you could swap me for him, don’t hesitate’February 27, 2017
- Some of Snap’s new investors won’t be able to sell the stock for a yearFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Says Apple Stake Boosted to More Than $18 BillionFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Stings Hedge Funds Anew Over Their `Misbegotten’ RewardsFebruary 27, 2017
- 3 ways to invest like Warren Buffett as detailed in his annual shareholder letterFebruary 27, 2017
- Al Gore sold more than $37 million worth of Apple stock in FebruaryFebruary 27, 2017
- And the Oscar loser is…PwC apologizes for its role in best picture dramaFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees should look carefully before leaping into a relocationFebruary 27, 2017
- ‘Bond King’ Gundlach expects US 10-year T-note yield to drop below 2.25%February 27, 2017
- Buffett has an interesting theory about why self-driving cars will hurt the insurance industryFebruary 27, 2017
- US durable goods orders jumped 1.8% in JanuaryFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: I like airlines because they just ‘got a bad century out of the way’February 27, 2017
- US stock market is not in bubble territory, billionaire investor Warren Buffett saysFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs makes a bet on consumer debtFebruary 27, 2017
- Report: Chanel, Prada Among Brands Chinese HNWIs Most Aspire to Buy in 2017 | Jing DailyFebruary 27, 2017
- Boom Is Another Step Closer to Bringing Back Supersonic Jet TravelFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees, Join a Nonprofit as an Encore CareerFebruary 26, 2017
- How High Earners Can Set Up a Roth IRAFebruary 26, 2017
- Meet the woman who was recruited by Steve Jobs and Warren BuffettFebruary 26, 2017
- Succession in family business is not an event but a processFebruary 26, 2017
- 13 Things Your Business Needs to Automate Right NowFebruary 26, 2017
- Five Signs You’re Successful — Whether You Know It Or NotFebruary 26, 2017
- Jessica Mah Shares Her 5 Best Pieces of Advice for Women EntrepreneursFebruary 26, 2017
- What I Learned From Mentoring Startups in the World’s Best AcceleratorsFebruary 26, 2017
- Why your Startup should take 4–6 weeks to launch, not 4–6 monthsFebruary 26, 2017
- 7 Critical Questions Every Start-Up Entrepreneur Must AnswerFebruary 26, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics