Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Frederic Kaplan: How I built an information time machine Imagine if you could surf Facebook … from the Middle Ages. Well, it may not be as far off as it sounds. In a fun and interesting talk, researcher and engineer Frederic Kaplan shows off the Venice Time Machine, a project to digitize 80 kilometers of books to create a historical and geographical simulation of Venice across 1000 years. Frederic Kaplan seeks to digitize vast archives of historical information to make maps that move — through time. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Frederic Kaplan is the Digital Humanities Chair at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) and the EPFL’s Digital Humanities Lab Director. Kaplan leads the lab in applying computation to humanities research. His latest project is the Venice Time Machine, a collaborative work archiving 80 kilometers of books from throughout 1000 years of Venetician history. The goal of the time machine is to create an information system which can be searched and mapped. Think of it as a Google Maps for time. Kaplan holds a PhD in artificial intelligence from the University Paris VI. He lives in Switzerland.
H. Rafael Chacón- What My Genes Tell Me Art Historian H. Rafael Chacón talks about how an academic exercise turned into a personal journey when he had his DNA sequenced by the National Geographic Geno 2.0 project. Rafael is professor of Art History and Criticism in the School of Art at the University of Montana. A specialist on renaissance and baroque art, Rafael teaches a range of topical courses on the history of art and art criticism. His academic interests lie in the ways societies articulate their most profound values through art; in particular he researches, lectures and writes about architectural history and historic preservation.
/ Biography, Choices, Death, Digital Afterlife, Estate Planning, Estate Planning - USA, Faith, Family, Friendship, Future, Human Capital, Inspiration, Integrity, Legacy Resources, Meaning and Purpose, Money Values, Motivation, Philosophy, Psychology of Money, Quotes, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Stewardship, Stories, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, Time Management, True Wealth, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
/ Business Values, Charitable Giving, Choices, Common Mission, Communication, Conation, Culture, Digital Afterlife, Empathy, Family Values, Health Resources, Importance of Language, Innovation, Leadership, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Philanthropy, Real Estate, Significance, Success, Time Management, True Wealth
In today’s society, it is very easy to think that estate planning or succession planning is only about your immediate nuclear family. However, as Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us: “If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.” With Seven Generation Thinking, the goal is to take a long term perspective of where you want your family and business to be in 150 years. Obviously, chances of you, or any of your immediate generation family members, surviving this full cycle are slim. However, it must be said that with new scientific breakthroughs occurring on a daily basis, the previous statement on longevity may dramatically change in a few years. Therefore, your objective with Seven Generation Thinking is to plant the seeds of success and significance today for future generations.. The best way to visualize Seven Generation Thinking is to follow these seven processes and principles to manifest it: 1) Respecting Traditions: Keep alive the memories and stories of past generations, along with the important values and traditions that you and your family are currently following and respect. 2) Utilizing, Documenting, and Preserving Best Practices: Every member of your family has unique abilities and gifts that contribute to your family’s success. It is important that you develop a process to properly utilize, capture, and preserve those gifts for the current and future generations. It is folly to presume that your family will have those unique strengths easily available within the next generation. 3) Finding Common Ground: In order to bring together your current family, and keep future generations unified, it is critical to find common ground that everyone is willing to support. Becoming a significant inter-generational family requires a higher purpose that all family members are willing to work towards. 4) The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts: Too often families confuse material success with true wealth. Just because one particular family member earns more money, or accumulates more material wealth, than other family members, it is important to remember that material wealth cannot be taken with you once you pass on. True wealth involves creating a pooled resource for the family, also known as the family’s culture, that captures each family member’s unique abilities, the various family life stories, intellectual capital, financial capital, experiential capital, relationship capital, and spiritual capital. 5) Life is the Ultimate Gift: Unfortunately one of the biggest crises of our time is that human life is being devalued in relationship to material wealth. In reality, every living being is already a trillionaire, at least in the living cells that create your body. It is important to remember that your treasure is meant to support your time and talent so you can fulfill your life purpose. Unfortunately, too many families have fallen into the trap […]
The Digital Beyond: An Introduction What happens to your digital identity after you die? This video explains the issues of death and the opportunities brought about by technology and the Internet.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Richard Branson’s advice rebukes the popular “fail faster” theory – The American GeniusDecember 8, 2016
- Billionaires Sergey Brin, David Tepper Join Steve Ballmer, Stanley Druckenmiller In $850 Million Philanthropic Bet To Help Nation’s KidsDecember 8, 2016
- JPMorgan’s CEO Is the New Head of Business RoundtableDecember 8, 2016
- How to invest like Soros, Buffett, Gross, Lynch: New insights on alpha – BizNews.comDecember 8, 2016
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Gives Over $100 Million In Facebook Stock To CharityDecember 8, 2016
- Why Amazon founder Jeff Bezos does his best to get eight hours of sleep a nightDecember 8, 2016
- The March of the Billionaires: On Trump’s Bait and SwitchDecember 8, 2016
- 5 Ways Billionaires Maximize Their TimeDecember 8, 2016
- Do Women Make Better Investors Than Men?December 8, 2016
- ‘The Big Short’ author Michael Lewis says this is where you should put your moneyDecember 7, 2016
- Trump’s penchant for dealmaking follows in the footsteps of Lyndon B. JohnsonDecember 7, 2016
- New York Yankees reportedly sign Aroldis Chapman to $86 million contractDecember 7, 2016
- U.S. Buyers Snap Up Credit-Card Debt of Prudent CanadiansDecember 7, 2016
- Trump picks wrestling magnate Linda McMahon to lead Small Business AdministrationDecember 7, 2016
- A jewelry expert shares everything you need to know before buying an engagement ringDecember 7, 2016
- The 10 US cities where Americans have the best creditDecember 7, 2016
- SCHWARZMAN: Donald Trump is going to change the ‘architecture of the world’December 7, 2016
- How Millennials Are Changing the Face of PhilanthropyDecember 7, 2016
- 6 Life Lessons from Warren BuffettDecember 7, 2016
- ‘I’m going to negotiate prices’: Trump explains why he went after Boeing over Air Force OneDecember 7, 2016
- Outlook good for expanded accredited investor definition after strong approval in HouseDecember 7, 2016
- The Richest Men Ever: Here the 10 richest men ever in world history featuring two AfricansDecember 7, 2016
- Verizon to sell data centers to Equinix for $3.6 billionDecember 7, 2016
- Foreign firms spend £100bn buying British businesses so far in 2016 December 7, 2016
- No price like home: Big spenders reappear in ChinaDecember 7, 2016
- The 3 trends that will affect the economy in 2017December 7, 2016
- Deep value investing: dispelling the ultimate investing misconceptionsDecember 7, 2016
- Buffett, Soros and the Role of Robotic Logic in Investing RichesDecember 7, 2016
- Miami Condo King Jorge Perez, Donald Trump’s Latino Billionaire Friend, Expands Into MexicoDecember 7, 2016
- SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son: A ‘crazy’ billionaire obsessed with the futureDecember 7, 2016
- Billionaires Sergey Brin, David Tepper join Steve Ballmer, Stanley Druckenmiller In $850 Million Philanthropic Bet To Help Nation’s KidsDecember 7, 2016
- 7 of Yale’s super-elite secret societies ranked by wealthDecember 6, 2016
- Canada home to more than a million millionaires — but more are coming soonDecember 6, 2016
- Hot property destinations for the super wealthyDecember 6, 2016
- You may be higher up the global wealth pyramid than you thinkDecember 6, 2016
- 1% of Indians now hold nearly 60% of the country’s wealthDecember 6, 2016
- 8 things you should know about Singapore’s wealth gapDecember 6, 2016
- Q&A: Boosting retirement savings with Ida RademacherDecember 6, 2016
- Family of Malaysia’s Jho Low moves to protect assets in 1MDB probeDecember 6, 2016
- How Virgin’s Richard Branson makes and spends his millionsDecember 6, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics