Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Frederic Kaplan: How I built an information time machine Imagine if you could surf Facebook … from the Middle Ages. Well, it may not be as far off as it sounds. In a fun and interesting talk, researcher and engineer Frederic Kaplan shows off the Venice Time Machine, a project to digitize 80 kilometers of books to create a historical and geographical simulation of Venice across 1000 years. Frederic Kaplan seeks to digitize vast archives of historical information to make maps that move — through time. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Frederic Kaplan is the Digital Humanities Chair at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) and the EPFL’s Digital Humanities Lab Director. Kaplan leads the lab in applying computation to humanities research. His latest project is the Venice Time Machine, a collaborative work archiving 80 kilometers of books from throughout 1000 years of Venetician history. The goal of the time machine is to create an information system which can be searched and mapped. Think of it as a Google Maps for time. Kaplan holds a PhD in artificial intelligence from the University Paris VI. He lives in Switzerland.
H. Rafael Chacón- What My Genes Tell Me Art Historian H. Rafael Chacón talks about how an academic exercise turned into a personal journey when he had his DNA sequenced by the National Geographic Geno 2.0 project. Rafael is professor of Art History and Criticism in the School of Art at the University of Montana. A specialist on renaissance and baroque art, Rafael teaches a range of topical courses on the history of art and art criticism. His academic interests lie in the ways societies articulate their most profound values through art; in particular he researches, lectures and writes about architectural history and historic preservation.
/ Biography, Choices, Death, Digital Afterlife, Estate Planning, Estate Planning - USA, Faith, Family, Friendship, Future, Human Capital, Inspiration, Integrity, Legacy Resources, Meaning and Purpose, Money Values, Motivation, Philosophy, Psychology of Money, Quotes, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Stewardship, Stories, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, Time Management, True Wealth, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
/ Business Values, Charitable Giving, Choices, Common Mission, Communication, Conation, Culture, Digital Afterlife, Empathy, Family Values, Health Resources, Importance of Language, Innovation, Leadership, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Philanthropy, Real Estate, Significance, Success, Time Management, True Wealth
In today’s society, it is very easy to think that estate planning or succession planning is only about your immediate nuclear family. However, as Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us: “If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.” With Seven Generation Thinking, the goal is to take a long term perspective of where you want your family and business to be in 150 years. Obviously, chances of you, or any of your immediate generation family members, surviving this full cycle are slim. However, it must be said that with new scientific breakthroughs occurring on a daily basis, the previous statement on longevity may dramatically change in a few years. Therefore, your objective with Seven Generation Thinking is to plant the seeds of success and significance today for future generations.. The best way to visualize Seven Generation Thinking is to follow these seven processes and principles to manifest it: 1) Respecting Traditions: Keep alive the memories and stories of past generations, along with the important values and traditions that you and your family are currently following and respect. 2) Utilizing, Documenting, and Preserving Best Practices: Every member of your family has unique abilities and gifts that contribute to your family’s success. It is important that you develop a process to properly utilize, capture, and preserve those gifts for the current and future generations. It is folly to presume that your family will have those unique strengths easily available within the next generation. 3) Finding Common Ground: In order to bring together your current family, and keep future generations unified, it is critical to find common ground that everyone is willing to support. Becoming a significant inter-generational family requires a higher purpose that all family members are willing to work towards. 4) The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts: Too often families confuse material success with true wealth. Just because one particular family member earns more money, or accumulates more material wealth, than other family members, it is important to remember that material wealth cannot be taken with you once you pass on. True wealth involves creating a pooled resource for the family, also known as the family’s culture, that captures each family member’s unique abilities, the various family life stories, intellectual capital, financial capital, experiential capital, relationship capital, and spiritual capital. 5) Life is the Ultimate Gift: Unfortunately one of the biggest crises of our time is that human life is being devalued in relationship to material wealth. In reality, every living being is already a trillionaire, at least in the living cells that create your body. It is important to remember that your treasure is meant to support your time and talent so you can fulfill your life purpose. Unfortunately, too many families have fallen into the trap […]
The Digital Beyond: An Introduction What happens to your digital identity after you die? This video explains the issues of death and the opportunities brought about by technology and the Internet.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Is Warren Buffett Wrong About Bitcoin?January 17, 2017
- BILLIONAIRES EVERYWHERE: Here are the richest people in ArizonaJanuary 17, 2017
- Glass Screens For iPhones Makes Hong Kong Couple Into BillionairesJanuary 17, 2017
- Departed Tennessee Millionaire Leaves Entire Fortune To Animal ShelterJanuary 17, 2017
- The 49ers Are Still Paying Millions To Coaches Who Don’t Work For Them AnymoreJanuary 17, 2017
- Charles Feeney Fulfills Pledge To Give All Of His Billions AwayJanuary 17, 2017
- These Are The Inspirational Mantras Richard Branson Is Following In 2017January 17, 2017
- Sears Holdings CEO Has Put Up $1 Billion Of His Money Over The Past Two Years In An Effort To Keep Company AfloatJanuary 17, 2017
- Michael Keaton Had A Pretty Good Reason For Turning Down Third ‘Batman’ FilmJanuary 17, 2017
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made An Insane Amount Of Money For Getting FiredJanuary 17, 2017
- Nas Pays The IRS $3.5 Million In Back TaxesJanuary 17, 2017
- Floyd Mayweather Offered Conor McGregor $15 Million For Their Potential SuperfightJanuary 17, 2017
- PWC: Nearly one-third of Malaysia’s family businesses don’t have succession planJanuary 17, 2017
- Why Harvard is Billionaire University…January 17, 2017
- Affluent U.S. Investors Bullish on Technology and Healthcare Sectors in 2017 According to New Spectrem Group ReportJanuary 17, 2017
- BREAKING NEWS: Bayer Could Pledge Billions to U.S. Investment and New Jobs if Monsanto Deal Wins ApprovalJanuary 17, 2017
- Richard Branson: There Needs to Be ‘Perpetual Revolution’ Within Your BusinessJanuary 17, 2017
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The risk of a full-blown trade war between the US and China is risingJanuary 17, 2017
- The rise of Larry Ellison, the jet-setting billionaire founder of OracleJanuary 17, 2017
- Theresa May ‘seems determined to tank the economy’: MPs react to the Prime Minister’s ‘Hard Brexit’ speechJanuary 17, 2017
- Germany and France are furious with Donald Trump — and he’s not even taken office yetJanuary 17, 2017
- TRUMP: The strong dollar is ‘killing us’January 17, 2017
- China takes the spotlightJanuary 17, 2017
- China’s Oil Collapse Is Unintentionally Helping OPECJanuary 17, 2017
- Vanguard Sees Bank of Canada Following Fed Higher This YearJanuary 17, 2017
- Davos elite in ‘bubble’ so didn’t predict Brexit, Trump, CEO of world’s largest ad agency admitsJanuary 17, 2017
- Globalization hasn’t fixed the gap between rich and poor, top CEOs sayJanuary 17, 2017
- British company’s $49.4 billion deal for Reynolds will create world’s biggest public tobacco companyJanuary 17, 2017
- World needs to invest $25 trillion in new oil capacity over next 25 years, Saudi Aramco CEO saysJanuary 17, 2017
- Donald Trump is the poster child of sleep deprivation: Arianna HuffingtonJanuary 17, 2017
- What Donald Trump’s economic agenda means to youJanuary 17, 2017
- Social Security’s looming $11 trillion shortfallJanuary 17, 2017
- Sponsored ArticleJanuary 17, 2017
- Acacia Jumps in London on $4 Billion Endeavour Merger TalksJanuary 17, 2017
- Noble Energy to buy Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billionJanuary 17, 2017
- GCC’s financial assets forecast to fall to $2.1trn by end-2017January 17, 2017
- Inside the luxury world’s commission cultureJanuary 17, 2017
- Priceline Founder Raises $50 Million for New VentureJanuary 17, 2017
- Bentley’s 709 hp Four-Door Fury is the World’s Fastest of Its KindJanuary 16, 2017
- Porsche’s New 911 GTS Line Puts the Pedal to PerformanceJanuary 16, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics