Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Part of the challenge is lining up your values with your spending.
A human-centered design and flexibility in the workplace is all the younger generation is asking for.
Hans Rosling and Ola Rosling: How not to be ignorant about the world How much do you know about the world? Hans Rosling, with his famous charts of global population, health and income data (and an extra-extra-long pointer), demonstrates that you have a high statistical chance of being quite wrong about what you think you know. Play along with his audience quiz — then, from Hans’ son Ola, learn 4 ways to quickly get less ignorant.
The Meaning Economy | Scott Tanksley Much has been written about Millennials. Scott Tanksley offers a fresh perspective: how their ability to connect, care, and collaborate is becoming the next generation of marketplace, business, and social awareness. Scott is the Founder of Authentity, a company turning “do good” sentiment into strategy by illuminating authentic connections a company can make with its stakeholders. Part of Light Civic Accelerator, Authentity has worked with Fortune 100 companies to those just beginning their efforts. Previously, Scott founded Meals With A Mission, a grassroots giving initiative featured in Fast Company, and spent chapters in corporate real estate and ministry.
The Millennial Youth Opportunity: Uncapping Next-Level Global Prosperity CEO Muhtar Kent discusses Coca-Cola’s perspective on how businesses can capture the opportunities of our generation, as well as Coca-Cola’s sustainability and women’s economic empowerment initiatives.
What do 7 Billion people do?
Meg Jay: Why 30 is not the new 20 Clinical psychologist Meg Jay has a bold message for twentysomethings: Contrary to popular belief, your 20s are not a throwaway decade. In this provocative talk, Jay says that just because marriage, work and kids are happening later in life, doesn’t mean you can’t start planning now. She gives 3 pieces of advice for how twentysomethings can re-claim adulthood in the defining decade of their lives. In her book “The Defining Decade,” Meg Jay suggests that many twentysomethings feel trivialized during what is actually the most transformative — and defining — period of our adult lives. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Lately it feels as if 25 is just a bit too young to get serious. In her psychology practice, and her book The Defining Decade, clinical psychologist Meg Jay suggests that many twentysomethings have been caught in a swirl of hype and misinformation about what Time magazine calls the “Me Me Me Generation.” The rhetoric that “30 is the new 20,” she suggests, trivializes what is actually the most transformative period of our adult lives. Drawing from more than ten years of work with hundreds of twentysomething clients and students, Jay weaves science together with compelling, behind-closed-doors stories. The result is a provocative, poignant read that shows us why, far from being an irrelevant downtime, our twenties are a developmental sweetspot that comes only once. Our twenties are a time when the things we do — and the things we don’t do — will have an enormous effect across years and even generations to come. Jay is a clinical psychologist who specializes in adult development, and in twentysomethings in particular. She is an assistant clinical professor at the University of Virginia and maintains a private practice in Charlottesville, Virginia. She spent her own early twentysomething years as an Outward Bound instructor. “A four-alarm call for the 50 million 20-somethings in America.” Kirkus Reviews
A Few Kind Words: Stephen Graham Maple Leaf Foods Chief Marketing Officer, Stephen Graham talks at TEDxWakeForestU on February 23, 2013. His talk titled A Few Kind Words shares his brand model can be used to both strengthen corporate and personal connections.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Al Gore just sold $29 million of Apple stockFebruary 24, 2017
- Saving for college? Why bank accounts aren’t smartFebruary 24, 2017
- Q&A: Melinda Gates explains why charity cannot waitFebruary 24, 2017
- Millennial parents still like to tap the Bank of Mom & DadFebruary 24, 2017
- How to raise financially savvy kidsFebruary 24, 2017
- Whom to trust when buying an annuity?February 24, 2017
- A psychologist for the ultra-rich dishes on what billionaires stress aboutFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla Is on Track to Deliver Us Into the Next Age in EnergyFebruary 24, 2017
- China says no intention of using currency devaluation to its advantageFebruary 24, 2017
- February U.S. auto sales seen up 0.6 percent: JD Power-LMCFebruary 24, 2017
- U.S. governors prepare wish lists for Trump infrastructure promiseFebruary 24, 2017
- Why Richard Branson prefers to work in a hammock or tub rather than at a deskFebruary 24, 2017
- Fine Wines to Buy in 2017February 24, 2017
- Trump’s immigration plans could cripple the US economy and hurt the workers he’s pledging to protectFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump Is on the Verge of His Own Bull MarketFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump’s Nafta Revamp Could Hit Close to Home for Key U.S. IndustriesFebruary 24, 2017
- Canada’s Fading Oil Promise Leaves U.S. Majors StrugglingFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla May Need to Raise More Money SoonFebruary 24, 2017
- Saudi Arabia $2 Trillion Aramco Vision Runs Into Market RealityFebruary 24, 2017
- Bitcoin hits record high above $1,200 on talk of ETF approvalFebruary 24, 2017
- Warren Buffett follows only one rule of investing, and violates it all the timeFebruary 24, 2017
- Robert Shiller: With stock valuations high, it’s time to reduce your holdingsFebruary 24, 2017
- Futures drop along with oil pricesFebruary 24, 2017
- Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in Vietnam: state TVFebruary 24, 2017
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year’s biggest launchesFebruary 24, 2017
- How GOP War On Retirement Will Hurt YouFebruary 24, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 24, 2017
- Snapdeal Co-Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut – NDTVFebruary 24, 2017
- Dominic Chappell’s company to sue Sir Philip Green over BHS headquartersFebruary 24, 2017
- Billionaire #Soros accused of ‘undermining democracy’ in EU member statesFebruary 24, 2017
- Tom Hanks has written his first book, a collection of short storiesFebruary 24, 2017
- British food retail legend Sir Ken Morrison dies | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Trillions of dollars at risk as benefactors unprepared to transfer wealth | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Achieve your full potential with new Global Family Office Benchmarking | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Letter from the US: What Trump means for large US family businesses | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Icon: Eric Michael Hilton | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Keeping up with the Jones Prize: New award champions leaders in philanthropy | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Industry outlook: Blended families – adding additional layers to entrenched dynamics | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Business property relief a benefit in family succession says Wilsons | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Family-backed investors drop $143bn Unilever takeover bid | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics