Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Here are some practical tips on becoming more creative.
In rural Nigeria, Wolff Olins’s Ije Nwokorie witnessed creativity in unlikely placeswhich influences his outlook on business to this day.
Predicting the unexpected | Marshall Thurber Does a bumblebee know its purpose? Marshall Thurber, protege of Buckminster Fuller and W. Edwards Demming, suggests there is something bigger in front of us that we just don’t see. Today, thousands worldwide actively use ‘Thurber Techniques’ in their daily lives. Marshall Thurber has proven his methods as a successful attorney, real estate developer, inventor, author, and visionary. He strives every day to maintain his reputation for being powerfully effective, fun, memorable, and cutting edge. Marshall is an influencer whose knowledge deeply seeded the Burklyn Business School in Vermont. Founded in the late 1970s, it was designed to teach global principles of cooperation and the human potential movement learned from legendary futurist Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller. Polishing off his career learning curve, Marshall founded a highly successful real estate firm with two partners in California. He continues to practice what he teaches and on October 10, he will teach what he practices on TEDxMelbourne’s stage.
Invent your tomorrow. Five chances to make it happen | Caroline Seifert Caroline Seifert is one of the leading figures in industrial design. She has led the design of innovative telecommunications solutions. In an optimistic talk, she describes on how to invent your future! Caroline Seifert has been working in the telecommunication and internet industry for almost 30 years with a focus on change, disruption and future growth. As Senior Vice President Design at Deutsche Telekom she started in 2008 to build up Design and Customer Experience – focusing on context, simplicity and relevance. Today she leads a team of 26 different nationalities answering the question how to live in a digital world by developing concrete new products and services from connection to TV.
The Science of Improving Your Brain’s Creativity | Nick Skillicorn Nick spoke about the real definition of creativity, in which consists of ideas that have added values. Values could be in the form of help to someone or businesses or any kind of social help that can make the society better. He emphasised on the importance of working on ideas once they form in our minds to prevent them from slipping away. His talk also answered the question “Why does someone consider themselves more creative than others’? and the answers are due to environments, in which people are brought up and taught, as well as various ways to enhance creativity. Nick Skillicorn is the CEO and Founder of Improvides, and a Durham University Collingwood College’s 2004 alumni. He’s an innovation coach and author with a deep insight into how your creativity works and how it can be enhanced.
Creative Collaboration — A 21st Century Imperative: Paul Roe Paul Roe plays the clarinet and has particular musical interests in performance, coaching, research, education and participative music making. Paul’s talk is entitled Creative Collaboration — A 21st Century Imperative. His talk begins with a short performance.
Sting: How I started writing songs again Sting’s early life was dominated by a shipyard—and he dreamed of nothing more than escaping the industrial drudgery. But after a nasty bout of writer’s block that stretched on for years, Sting found himself channeling the stories of the shipyard workers he knew in his youth for song material. In a lyrical, confessional talk, Sting treats us to songs from his upcoming musical, and to an encore of “Message in a Bottle.”
Creativity and innovation – friend or foe? Jerry Schubel Humans are the most creative and innovative species in the history of life on earth. Those qualities allowed our population to explode; extended and improved the quality of life of many, but not all; and compromised earth’s living infrastructure—our life support system. Jerry Schubel explores how that same creativity and innovation is the only way to reframe our relationship with earth and with those less fortunate and allow them to receive some of the same benefits we do—clean water, sanitary facilities, energy, adequate food and shelter.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 5 Gold Award UHNW Newswires Plus Our 3 Silver Award HNW Newswires.
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,000 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,100 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,800 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- Far out Friday: Introducing some of the world’s insurance billionairesMay 5, 2016
- Ambitious Wealth: Heirs will be heirsMay 5, 2016
- Wealthy Americans Don’t Have to Go to Panama to Hide Their Wealth – FPIFMay 5, 2016
- Better education can decrease wealth inequalityMay 5, 2016
- Alibaba capitalizes on Chinese consumers’ growing wealth, takes page from Google’s playbookMay 5, 2016
- Robert Reich: The Racial Wealth Gap in America Is Worse Than You Might ThinkMay 5, 2016
- The Challenges of Inherited Wealth: A Personal PerspectiveMay 5, 2016
- Wealth consultants “eat up capital like crazy” according to investment guruMay 5, 2016
- Business Ownership Will Close the Wealth GapMay 5, 2016
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Denies $100 Million Investment in MoroccoMay 5, 2016
- Is Warren Buffett Right About Hedge Funds?May 5, 2016
- What Warren Buffett Can Teach Us About Utility Depreciation | OilPrice.comMay 5, 2016
- Software, cyber security, and succession in 2016 Global Family Office research | Campden FBMay 5, 2016
- Do the Japanese run the best meetings?May 5, 2016
- Tulip mania: The flowers that cost more than housesMay 5, 2016
- Canadians shouldn’t confuse CPP investment gains with higher pensions: Fraser InstituteMay 5, 2016
- Work the Numbers Before Gifting Stock to GrandchildrenMay 5, 2016
- Necessary Conversations for Adult Children and Aging ParentsMay 5, 2016
- Janus’ Bill Gross sells part of famed stamp collectionMay 5, 2016
- We went inside Elon Musk’s futuristic Tesla factory filled with over 150 robotsMay 5, 2016
- Median family income is lower than it was in 2000May 5, 2016
- Jim Chanos is betting against Elon Musk ― here’s whyMay 5, 2016
- How to be productive while you’re sleepingMay 5, 2016
- Elon Musk sleeps next to Tesla’s production line so that he can personally inspect vehiclesMay 5, 2016
- Elon Musk just made a totally mind-blowing change to Tesla’s strategyMay 5, 2016
- Peter Thiel just became $101 million richerMay 5, 2016
- ALBERT EDWARDS: The global economy is like the Titanic and it is about to sink ‘below the icy waves’May 5, 2016
- You Are The Sum Of Your ExperiencesMay 5, 2016
- In Canada, Rich Stay Rich, Poor Stay Poor More Than EverMay 5, 2016
- `Homeless Billionaire’ Charms L.A. With $500 Million GiftMay 5, 2016
- Druckenmiller Loads Up on Gold, Saying Bull Market ExhaustedMay 5, 2016
- Hedge Fund Managers Lose Their SwaggerMay 5, 2016
- These guys think they’ve discovered the secret to productivityMay 5, 2016
- Billionaire reveals the 4 ways to make money now from value investingMay 5, 2016
- Harvard retains top spot as Oxbridge slips in university rankingsMay 5, 2016
- Jim Chanos: Why I’m still short Alibaba … and bearish on ChinaMay 5, 2016
- Chasing Habits of Rich People Won’t Teach You About SuccessMay 5, 2016
- Extreme Ways These Successful Billionaires Challenge Themselves | GOBankingRatesMay 5, 2016
- Bill Gates Says Artificial Intelligence Not a Threat to HumanityMay 4, 2016
- When It Comes To Relationships, Planting A Seed Is But Only The BeginningMay 4, 2016
LFO Website Statistics
- Today Visit: 11,064
- Yesterday Visit: 10,686
- Week Visit: 83,631
- Month Visit: 363,888
- Years Visit: 7,403,448
- Total Posts: 9,805