Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Be Persistent, Be Present, & Use Your Gift. | Chef Otto Chef Otto is an accomplished chef whose impressive career includes world class establishments such as the Bellagio Hotel, Charlie Trotters, the Atlantis and Mardan Palace, and, most notable, the Culinary Institute of America. He started his career by volunteering as a cook in the United States Navy Submarine Force, feeding men stationed on the USS Patrick Henry in Pearl Harbor. Since then, he has cooked around the globe for Kings, Queens, Moguls, Titans, Rockstars, and World Class Athletes, yet one of his biggest thrills remains catering his 25th high school reunion. Chef Otto is an International Culinary Ambassador who finds that travel, adventure and spreading the gospel of all things food is the marrow of his soul. His passion to help feed the hungry sparked him to initiate Childhood Hunger Day in Washington, D.C. where he organized a 3-day symposium on hunger and poverty legislation on Capitol Hill. His role as a contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef provides notoriety defining his status as a champion against hunger. With hair too high for a ten gallon hat and yet to buy his first pair of cowboy boots, Chef Otto is now digging his heels in the Lone Star landscape as an adopted son. Taste the Freedom!
Excellence Through Generosity | Gilmore Junio WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO GILMORE JUNIO? Olympic Speed Skater, Gilmore Junio shares his personal story of generosity and how building a culture of selflessness can lead to personal excellence. Junio recounts the story of how and why he gave up his place in the 1000 metre Olympic final in Sochi 2014 to his teammate who won the Silver Medal for Canada. Gilmore teaches us that we have more to win when we are generous. In the summer of 2010, Gilmore Junio was named to Canada’s Long Track Development Team, and that fall he found himself travelling the globe racing for Canada at World Cups. Three years later he was ranked 8th in the world with a World Cup Silver medal, and just a year after that he found himself representing Canada at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. But despite his accomplishments on the track, it was was what he did off the track at those Olympics that resulted in Junio’s receiving a champion’s welcome upon his return home to Calgary. After teammate Denny Morrison fell and failed to qualify for the men’s 1000 m, he received a text message from Junio, who decided to withdraw so that Morrison could have the opportunity to race instead. Morrison went on to win the silver medal in that race, giving Morrison his fourth ever Olympic medal, equaling Gaetan Boucher for the most medals by a Canadian male long track speed skater.
Expect Problems as We Explore Possibilities | Mark Pollock In this talk, Mark shares his remarkable journey while exploring the frontiers of spinal cord injury recovery. He is the world’s leading test pilot of Esko Robotic Legs. Unbroken by blindness in 1998, Mark went on to compete in ultra endurance races across deserts, mountains, and the polar ice caps including being the first blind person to race to the South Pole.
Share Your Life: Cathey Armillas Cathey Armillas is known for giving her all in all she does. She stands as a living example that where you start in life doesn’t have to be your end. With rough beginnings, she learned at an early age that if you want something that is beyond your reach, you have to stand on your tippy toes and get it. Cathey applies her philosophy of Reciprocal Affinity, or more simply, “give love to get love” in both her life and career. Author of the popular book, The Unbreakable Rules of Marketing: 9 ½ Ways to Get People to Love You, Cathey runs PURA (for Promotions Using Reciprocal Affinity), a highly successful marketing firm that practices what she preaches. She speaks all over the world, spreading her message to multinational corporations, advertising and media agencies, down to small groups and non-profit organizations. Oh, and she can throw a mean fast pitch too.
Embracing life’s challenges: Breezy Bochenek Breezy shares her experience of getting cancer at age 9, having her leg amputated, and overcoming it by having a positive attitude. Even in the early days of her diagnosis, she focused on only the good, like crossing the finish line at a difficult triathlon with a prosthetic leg or becoming a role model to others in need. Listen to Breezy’s story as she talks about embracing and overcoming life’s challenges. At 12 years old, Brianne “Breezy” Bochenek has marshaled strength and maturity beyond her years. At age 9, she faced one of life’s biggest challenges when diagnosed with an aggressive form of bone cancer. Breezy endured months of chemotherapy and made the brave decision to amputate her left leg. Her positive attitude and resilience has inspired many and ignited a community of support. As Breezy gets back in the game, she is helping those in need along the way. Breezy is determined to be a role model, sharing a powerful message of how she chooses to live each day.
Living Life Inside Out: Eliza Williams
David Brooks: Should you live for your résumé … or your eulogy? Within each of us are two selves, suggests David Brooks in this meditative short talk: the self who craves success, who builds a résumé, and the self who seeks connection, community, love — the values that make for a great eulogy. Can we balance these two selves? Perhaps, once we know them both.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Four New Pinball Machines That Movie Buffs Have to PlayDecember 10, 2016
- What to Eat with These Delicious Sweet WinesDecember 10, 2016
- This Neighborhood Has Become Chicago’s Hot New Dining DestinationDecember 10, 2016
- MULTI-GENERATIONAL TRAVEL TAKES OFF IN MORE ‘DIFFICULT’ DESTINATIONSDecember 10, 2016
- 9 Chic Shearling Coats That Elevate This Season’s “It” Menswear ItemDecember 10, 2016
- 7 Perfect Gifts for Private TravelersDecember 10, 2016
- The Arcadia Sherpa Can Do Much More than Just Schlep a Superyacht’s GearDecember 10, 2016
- Al Capone’s Whiskey Brand of ChoiceDecember 10, 2016
- Three New Electric Bicycles That Are Generating Lots of BuzzDecember 10, 2016
- 3 Things To Consider Before Gifting Another FragranceDecember 10, 2016
- Jaguar’s New XKSS Is a Sexy Beast RebornDecember 10, 2016
- Bonhams to Sell an Extremely Rare Patek Philippe Grand ComplicationDecember 10, 2016
- You Could Drive for Show in This Mercedes-Benz Golf-Cart ConceptDecember 10, 2016
- WhistlePig’s Latest Limited-Release Rye Whiskey Is a WonderDecember 10, 2016
- Bentley Creates a Custom Mulsanne for Watch Designer George BamfordDecember 10, 2016
- Own the Rarest Book J.K. Rowling Ever MadeDecember 10, 2016
- Tanzania’s New Private-Island Retreat Will Take Your Breath AwayDecember 10, 2016
- Walt Disney’s Will Among Magic Kingdom Collectibles at AuctionDecember 10, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Palmer Johnson Launches Sleek and Sporty PJ63 Yacht LineDecember 10, 2016
- Good Whisky, Bad TimesDecember 10, 2016
- The Peninsula New York Debuts Fifth Avenue SuiteDecember 10, 2016
- An Elegant New Wine-on-Tap System for the HomeDecember 10, 2016
- 5 Transcendent Tanzanite Designs for December BirthdaysDecember 10, 2016
- Colossal Diamond Ring Tops $1.8 Million at Sotheby’s SaleDecember 10, 2016
- Sunseeker’s New Manhattan 66 Feels Like a Much Larger YachtDecember 10, 2016
- This Smooth American Rye Honors a 20th Century Whiskey MiracleDecember 10, 2016
- This $5,000 Ice Bucket Is Made from Grape SkinsDecember 10, 2016
- Vacation like Roman Nobility at This New Italian HotelDecember 10, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Aston Martin Revives the Legendary DB4 GT ModelDecember 10, 2016
- Wealth Effect: Identifying Unique Leaders to Run a Family OfficeDecember 10, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 10, 2016
- Beware of panic buying in bank stocksDecember 10, 2016
- Trump’s China Play Could Bring Big Profits to U.S. InvestorsDecember 10, 2016
- 10 psychological retail tricks that make you spend more moneyDecember 10, 2016
- OPEC, oil-producing nations strike deal to cut outputDecember 10, 2016
- 17 unpopular investing predictions for 2017December 10, 2016
- Americans from all corners of the economy are loving life since Trump’s electionDecember 10, 2016
- The 3rd-largest IPO of the year is off to a strong startDecember 10, 2016
- Lawsuit: Texts between Mark Zuckerberg and Marc Andreessen say the Facebook founder may want to go into governmentDecember 10, 2016
- A self-made millionaire shares 3 wealth-building concepts most people haven’t graspedDecember 10, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics