Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Christian Wheeler: How to Persuade Customers to Share Your Story Christian Wheeler shares the psychological strategies that marketers can use to encourage customers to share their positive experiences with others and advocate for your brand. He is professor of marketing at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Rodrigo Canales: The deadly genius of drug cartels Up to 100,000 people died in drug-related violence in Mexico in the last 6 years. We might think this has nothing to do with us, but in fact we are all complicit, says Yale professor Rodrigo Canales in this unflinching talk that turns conventional wisdom about drug cartels on its head. The carnage is not about faceless, ignorant goons mindlessly killing each other but is rather the result of some seriously sophisticated brand management. Why you should listen Rodrigo Canales is an associate professor of organizational behavior at the Yale School of Management. There, he researches the role of institutions in entrepreneurship and economic development. More specifically, he focuses on how individuals can change organizations and systems–how their backgrounds, professional identities and roles affect how they relate and act in business. Canales teaches the core MBA course on innovation at Yale, sits on the steering committee of the Dalai Lama Center for Ethics and Transformative Values at MIT and advises several startup companies in Mexico. He earned his MBA and Ph.D. from the MIT Sloan School of Management. What others say Rodrigo Canales said that the private sector can do everything except the forbidden. The state, on the other hand, can do only what it has been sanctioned to do, he said. It is a no-brainer, therefore, that to solve some of the biggest challenges the world faces, all of us — states and markets, countries and communities, institutions and individuals — will have to work a little more collaboratively with each other. Yale Daily News
Dorie Clark: “Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future” A step-by-step guide to reinventing you – Whether you want to advance faster at your present company, change jobs, or make the jump to a new field entirely, the goal is clear: to build a career that thrives on your unique passions and talents. But to achieve this in today’s competitive job market, it’s almost certain that at some point you’ll need to reinvent yourself professionally. Consider this book your road map for the next phase of your career journey. In Reinventing You, branding expert Dorie Clark provides a step-by-step guide to help you assess your unique strengths, develop a compelling personal brand, and ensure that others recognize the powerful contribution you can make. Mixing personal stories with engaging interviews and examples from well-known personalities—Mark Zuckerberg, Al Gore, Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin, and others—Reinventing You shows how to think big about your professional goals, take control of your career, build a reputation that opens doors for you, and finally live the life you want. About the Author: Dorie Clark, a former presidential campaign spokeswoman, is the author of the newly-released Harvard Business Review Publishing book Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future. She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and the American Management Association’s publications. She is also a columnist for Mint, India’s second-largest business newspaper. She is a consultant and is an adjunct professor of business administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Her work has been published in the Harvard Business Review Guide to Getting the Right Job and the Harvard Business Review Guide to Networking. Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Clark has taught marketing and communications at Emerson College, Tufts University, Suffolk University, Smith College Executive Education, the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler School of Business, and HEC-Paris, which is ranked #2 worldwide in executive education by the Financial Times. At age 18, Clark graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Smith College, and two years later received a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School.
/ Branding, Coaching, Collaboration, College, Communication, Communication, Education, Importance of Language, Leadership, Learning, Marketing, Mentoring, Philosophy, Productivity, Sales, Social Capital, Social Networks, Stories, Team, Visionary
What we learned from 5 million books – Erez Lieberman Aiden and Jean-Baptiste Michel Have you played with Google Labs’ Ngram Viewer? It’s an addicting tool that lets you search for words and ideas in a database of 5 million books from across centuries. Erez Lieberman Aiden and Jean-Baptiste Michel show us how it works, and a few of the surprising things we can learn from 500 billion words.
The Truth Needs Better Marketing: Eli Pariser
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Branding, Business Values, CEO, Change, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, College, Communication, Communication, Confidence, Conversation, Courage, Creativity and Business, Culture, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Evolution, Family Business, Family Meetings, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Goals, Hope, Human Capital, Human Resources, Ideas, Imagination, Importance of Language, Innovation, Inspiration, Leadership, Learning, Management, Marketing, Meaning and Purpose, Mentoring, Mission, Motivation, Parenting, Passion, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Productivity, Purpose, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Sales, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Stewardship, Strategic Planning, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Willpower, Winning, Wisdom
Simplicity is the key to brilliance – Bruce Lee
/ Behaviour Economics, Branding, Business Values, CEO, Collaboration, Communication, Culture, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Human Resources, Jeff Bezos, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Philosophy, Quotes, Respect, Sales, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Stories, Strategic Planning, Team
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- A Billionaire’s Party Is a Lens on Wealth in the Trump Era | BusinessMirrorFebruary 20, 2017
- Snap Co-Founder Spiegel Inches Closer to $588 Million PaydayFebruary 20, 2017
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
- How Great Leaders Pull and Push To SuccessFebruary 19, 2017
- Four Telltale Signs of a Disconnected OrganizationFebruary 19, 2017
- When Leaders Toss The ScriptFebruary 19, 2017
- Valentine’s Special: Better Halves Of The Best CEOs In The WorldFebruary 19, 2017
- Want to Be More Productive? Start By Scrapping Your To-Do ListFebruary 19, 2017
- Ten top RRSP questions answered – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- We know what women entrepreneurs need. So let’s get on with it. – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- Canadians Looking For Love Online Lost Millions To Scams In 2016February 19, 2017
- EU Approves Trade Deal With CanadaFebruary 19, 2017
- Business Council Urges Trudeau To Shield Canada From Trump’s AgendaFebruary 19, 2017
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon ValleyFebruary 19, 2017
- Meet the bankers working on a potential nearly $250 billion megamergerFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here’s what it looks likeFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans are facing a $50 billion headwind | 02/16/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 19, 2017
- What is a smart kid in the age of the smart machine?February 19, 2017
- A Wall Street performance coach who’s consulted on Showtime’s ‘Billions’ says too many people have the same misconception about successFebruary 19, 2017
- RANKED: The 21 most expensive holiday destinations on the planetFebruary 19, 2017
- Here’s who is going to get rich from the Snap IPOFebruary 19, 2017
- China will suspend all coal imports from North Korea after Pyongyang’s missile testFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to the stock marketFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump isn’t adjusting well to life in the White House — he’s reportedly experiencing ‘cabin fever’February 19, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Women Should Join a Coworking Space TodayFebruary 18, 2017
- (Social) Mission Accomplished: 6 Female Founders on Raising Capital With a Triple Bottom LineFebruary 18, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s 3 Top Pieces of Advice for EntrepreneursFebruary 18, 2017
- 4 Ways Parents Can Foster an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Their DaughtersFebruary 18, 2017
- 7 Ways Women Leaders Can Excel at Being Their Authentic SelvesFebruary 18, 2017
- New Study Finds the Global Gender Pay Gap Won’t Be Closed Until 2186February 18, 2017
- The One Thing This Entrepreneur Does Each Day to Stay ProductiveFebruary 18, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Is on the Rise (Infographic)February 18, 2017
- Heartland Entrepreneur: 1 Woman’s Journey to Global Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- For Those Women Looking to Get Into the C-Suite, This Unlikely Industry Is for YouFebruary 18, 2017
- Women Won’t Have Equal Numbers of Board Seats Until 2055, New Study FindsFebruary 18, 2017
- The Four Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Ask Themselves To Achieve Success in 2017February 18, 2017
- Despite Bias, Women Entrepreneurs Are an Enormous Economic ForceFebruary 18, 2017
- How Women Entrepreneurs Can Use Execution for Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics