Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
We like to think we’re rational human beings…
True narcissists will answer this question with pride.
These networking tips will keep you from quietly sipping a drink in the corner of the next event you attend.
Not all thinking happens inside your head.
Tom Wujec: Got a wicked problem? First, tell me how you make toast Making toast doesn’t sound very complicated — until someone asks you to draw the process, step by step. Tom Wujec loves asking people and teams to draw how they make toast, because the process reveals unexpected truths about how we can solve our biggest, most complicated problems at work. Learn how to run this exercise yourself, and hear Wujec’s surprising insights from watching thousands of people draw toast.
Looking at Transformation through an Empirical Lens | Kelly Peters We often speak of transformation as a magical thing; a holy grail of improvement. And yet, what is it? How do we know when we’ve attained it? People are not like water, transforming from a liquid to a vapour or a solid in a clearly measurable way – so how do we know when “it” has occurred in people. This talk is about a field experiment conducted at the Burning Man festival. In this research, we looked at how participants responded to unfair offers in an experimental economics Game. Perhaps surprisingly, participant behavior did not conform to previously published research. They were far more forgiving of unfair offers, possible evidence of the transformative nature of the Burning Man experience. Kelly Peters is the CEO and CoFounder of BEworks, a cutting-edge think tank and management consulting firm on the forefront of applying behavioral science insights and methodologies to real-world challenges. The leadership team comprises business mavericks and brilliant academics including renowned behavioral economists Dan Ariely and Nina Mazar.
The Power of Yet | Carol S Dweck Capabilities for problem solving and for learning (or progress) have often been regarded as (inherited) components of the personality. Both Carol s Dweck and Torkel Klingberg have made quite clear, that improvements of such capabilities are supported by systematic use of appropriate training and feedback. Very essential knowledge for any parent, teacher, leader and human being in general. Carol S. Dweck is a leading researcher in the field of motivation and is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford. Her research focuses on why students succeed and how to foster their success. More specifically, her work has demonstrated the role of mindsets in success and has shown how praise for intelligence can undermine students’ motivation and learning. She has also held professorships at and Columbia and Harvard Universities, has lectured to education, business, and sports groups all over the world, and has been elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the National Academy of Sciences. She recently won the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award from the American Psychological Association, one of the highest awards in Psychology, as well as six other lifetime achievement awards. Last Spring, the White House held an conference on her work and both President Obama and Michelle Obama refer to her work in their speeches on education. Her work has been prominently featured in such publications as The New Yorker, Newsweek, Time, The New York Times, and The London Times, and the Manchester Guardian, with recent feature stories on her work in the San Francisco Chronicle and the Washington Post, and she has appeared on such shows as Today, Good Morning America, NPR’s Morning Edition, and 20/20. Her bestselling book Mindset (published by Random House) has been widely acclaimed and has been translated into over 20 languages.
Expect Problems as We Explore Possibilities | Mark Pollock In this talk, Mark shares his remarkable journey while exploring the frontiers of spinal cord injury recovery. He is the world’s leading test pilot of Esko Robotic Legs. Unbroken by blindness in 1998, Mark went on to compete in ultra endurance races across deserts, mountains, and the polar ice caps including being the first blind person to race to the South Pole.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Four New Pinball Machines That Movie Buffs Have to PlayDecember 10, 2016
- What to Eat with These Delicious Sweet WinesDecember 10, 2016
- This Neighborhood Has Become Chicago’s Hot New Dining DestinationDecember 10, 2016
- MULTI-GENERATIONAL TRAVEL TAKES OFF IN MORE ‘DIFFICULT’ DESTINATIONSDecember 10, 2016
- 9 Chic Shearling Coats That Elevate This Season’s “It” Menswear ItemDecember 10, 2016
- 7 Perfect Gifts for Private TravelersDecember 10, 2016
- The Arcadia Sherpa Can Do Much More than Just Schlep a Superyacht’s GearDecember 10, 2016
- Al Capone’s Whiskey Brand of ChoiceDecember 10, 2016
- Three New Electric Bicycles That Are Generating Lots of BuzzDecember 10, 2016
- 3 Things To Consider Before Gifting Another FragranceDecember 10, 2016
- Jaguar’s New XKSS Is a Sexy Beast RebornDecember 10, 2016
- Bonhams to Sell an Extremely Rare Patek Philippe Grand ComplicationDecember 10, 2016
- You Could Drive for Show in This Mercedes-Benz Golf-Cart ConceptDecember 10, 2016
- WhistlePig’s Latest Limited-Release Rye Whiskey Is a WonderDecember 10, 2016
- Bentley Creates a Custom Mulsanne for Watch Designer George BamfordDecember 10, 2016
- Own the Rarest Book J.K. Rowling Ever MadeDecember 10, 2016
- Tanzania’s New Private-Island Retreat Will Take Your Breath AwayDecember 10, 2016
- Walt Disney’s Will Among Magic Kingdom Collectibles at AuctionDecember 10, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Palmer Johnson Launches Sleek and Sporty PJ63 Yacht LineDecember 10, 2016
- Good Whisky, Bad TimesDecember 10, 2016
- The Peninsula New York Debuts Fifth Avenue SuiteDecember 10, 2016
- An Elegant New Wine-on-Tap System for the HomeDecember 10, 2016
- 5 Transcendent Tanzanite Designs for December BirthdaysDecember 10, 2016
- Colossal Diamond Ring Tops $1.8 Million at Sotheby’s SaleDecember 10, 2016
- Sunseeker’s New Manhattan 66 Feels Like a Much Larger YachtDecember 10, 2016
- This Smooth American Rye Honors a 20th Century Whiskey MiracleDecember 10, 2016
- This $5,000 Ice Bucket Is Made from Grape SkinsDecember 10, 2016
- Vacation like Roman Nobility at This New Italian HotelDecember 10, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Aston Martin Revives the Legendary DB4 GT ModelDecember 10, 2016
- Wealth Effect: Identifying Unique Leaders to Run a Family OfficeDecember 10, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 10, 2016
- Beware of panic buying in bank stocksDecember 10, 2016
- Trump’s China Play Could Bring Big Profits to U.S. InvestorsDecember 10, 2016
- 10 psychological retail tricks that make you spend more moneyDecember 10, 2016
- OPEC, oil-producing nations strike deal to cut outputDecember 10, 2016
- 17 unpopular investing predictions for 2017December 10, 2016
- Americans from all corners of the economy are loving life since Trump’s electionDecember 10, 2016
- The 3rd-largest IPO of the year is off to a strong startDecember 10, 2016
- Lawsuit: Texts between Mark Zuckerberg and Marc Andreessen say the Facebook founder may want to go into governmentDecember 10, 2016
- A self-made millionaire shares 3 wealth-building concepts most people haven’t graspedDecember 10, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics