Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Pessimism is trouble because it’s bad for your health and your performance. Here’s how to avoid it.
Success in life is about how you handle setbacks and challenges.
Predicting the unexpected | Marshall Thurber Does a bumblebee know its purpose? Marshall Thurber, protege of Buckminster Fuller and W. Edwards Demming, suggests there is something bigger in front of us that we just don’t see. Today, thousands worldwide actively use ‘Thurber Techniques’ in their daily lives. Marshall Thurber has proven his methods as a successful attorney, real estate developer, inventor, author, and visionary. He strives every day to maintain his reputation for being powerfully effective, fun, memorable, and cutting edge. Marshall is an influencer whose knowledge deeply seeded the Burklyn Business School in Vermont. Founded in the late 1970s, it was designed to teach global principles of cooperation and the human potential movement learned from legendary futurist Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller. Polishing off his career learning curve, Marshall founded a highly successful real estate firm with two partners in California. He continues to practice what he teaches and on October 10, he will teach what he practices on TEDxMelbourne’s stage.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Be Persistent, Be Present, & Use Your Gift. | Chef Otto Chef Otto is an accomplished chef whose impressive career includes world class establishments such as the Bellagio Hotel, Charlie Trotters, the Atlantis and Mardan Palace, and, most notable, the Culinary Institute of America. He started his career by volunteering as a cook in the United States Navy Submarine Force, feeding men stationed on the USS Patrick Henry in Pearl Harbor. Since then, he has cooked around the globe for Kings, Queens, Moguls, Titans, Rockstars, and World Class Athletes, yet one of his biggest thrills remains catering his 25th high school reunion. Chef Otto is an International Culinary Ambassador who finds that travel, adventure and spreading the gospel of all things food is the marrow of his soul. His passion to help feed the hungry sparked him to initiate Childhood Hunger Day in Washington, D.C. where he organized a 3-day symposium on hunger and poverty legislation on Capitol Hill. His role as a contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef provides notoriety defining his status as a champion against hunger. With hair too high for a ten gallon hat and yet to buy his first pair of cowboy boots, Chef Otto is now digging his heels in the Lone Star landscape as an adopted son. Taste the Freedom!
How Can We Help Our Future Selves? | Hal Hershfield Through his research Hal Hirschfield helps us take a look at our future selves and how we may be able to better attend to the decisions we make today so we are anticipating what we may need in years to come. Hal E. Hershfield is Assistant Professor of Marketing at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. Prior to UCLA, Professor Hershfield taught at NYU’s Stern School of Business, and was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His research focuses on judgment and decision-making and social psychology, with a particular interest in how thinking about time can strongly impact decision-making and emotional experience. Hal received his B.A. in Psychology and English from Tufts University in 2001, and his Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University in 2009. He was recently named a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science, and has received funding from the Templeton Foundation’s New Paths to Purpose Grant Program, and the Russell Sage Foundation Small Grant in Behavioral Economics. His work has been published in top journals including Psychological Science, the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and the Journal of Marketing Research. He has also contributed writing to The New York Times, the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and Harvard Business Review.
Jill Shargaa: Please, please, people. Let’s put the ‘awe’ back in ‘awesome’ Which of the following is awesome: your lunch or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Comedian Jill Shargaa sounds a hilarious call for us to save the word “awesome” for things that truly inspire awe.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bill Gates explains how he stays incognito in public: ‘I sometimes wear a hat’February 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett made an inappropriate remark to describe the logic behind a $140 billion takeover bidFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett grows Berkshire Hathaway AAPL stake to 133 million shares worth $17 billionFebruary 27, 2017
- Why a family office trumps unstructured wealth managementFebruary 27, 2017
- The right structure: Building Asian family offices | Campden FBFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: U.S. stocks could ‘go down 20% tomorrow,’ but we are not in ‘bubble territory’February 27, 2017
- Brace for a sell-off in Canadian bonds because a sea change is coming, BMO warnsFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett just shared his best investment advice, and said the ‘elite’ have wasted $100 billion ignoring itFebruary 27, 2017
- Lifelong entrepreneur: There’s one way to ensure you never fail at starting a businessFebruary 27, 2017
- 20 quotes from self-made billionaire Mark Cuban that will make you better with moneyFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett hung newspapers from 7 market catastrophes on an office wall to remind him ‘anything can happen’February 27, 2017
- The US states that take the most from your paycheckFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs downgrades Tesla — and the stock is falling (TSLA) | 02/27/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 27, 2017
- REPORT: The Japanese telecom giant SoftBank is looking to invest $3 billion in WeWorkFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett name-checked a key executive in a letter to investors, and said ‘if you could swap me for him, don’t hesitate’February 27, 2017
- Some of Snap’s new investors won’t be able to sell the stock for a yearFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Says Apple Stake Boosted to More Than $18 BillionFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Stings Hedge Funds Anew Over Their `Misbegotten’ RewardsFebruary 27, 2017
- 3 ways to invest like Warren Buffett as detailed in his annual shareholder letterFebruary 27, 2017
- Al Gore sold more than $37 million worth of Apple stock in FebruaryFebruary 27, 2017
- And the Oscar loser is…PwC apologizes for its role in best picture dramaFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees should look carefully before leaping into a relocationFebruary 27, 2017
- ‘Bond King’ Gundlach expects US 10-year T-note yield to drop below 2.25%February 27, 2017
- Buffett has an interesting theory about why self-driving cars will hurt the insurance industryFebruary 27, 2017
- US durable goods orders jumped 1.8% in JanuaryFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: I like airlines because they just ‘got a bad century out of the way’February 27, 2017
- US stock market is not in bubble territory, billionaire investor Warren Buffett saysFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs makes a bet on consumer debtFebruary 27, 2017
- Report: Chanel, Prada Among Brands Chinese HNWIs Most Aspire to Buy in 2017 | Jing DailyFebruary 27, 2017
- Boom Is Another Step Closer to Bringing Back Supersonic Jet TravelFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees, Join a Nonprofit as an Encore CareerFebruary 26, 2017
- How High Earners Can Set Up a Roth IRAFebruary 26, 2017
- Meet the woman who was recruited by Steve Jobs and Warren BuffettFebruary 26, 2017
- Succession in family business is not an event but a processFebruary 26, 2017
- 13 Things Your Business Needs to Automate Right NowFebruary 26, 2017
- Five Signs You’re Successful — Whether You Know It Or NotFebruary 26, 2017
- Jessica Mah Shares Her 5 Best Pieces of Advice for Women EntrepreneursFebruary 26, 2017
- What I Learned From Mentoring Startups in the World’s Best AcceleratorsFebruary 26, 2017
- Why your Startup should take 4–6 weeks to launch, not 4–6 monthsFebruary 26, 2017
- 7 Critical Questions Every Start-Up Entrepreneur Must AnswerFebruary 26, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics