Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Pessimism is trouble because it’s bad for your health and your performance. Here’s how to avoid it.
Success in life is about how you handle setbacks and challenges.
Predicting the unexpected | Marshall Thurber Does a bumblebee know its purpose? Marshall Thurber, protege of Buckminster Fuller and W. Edwards Demming, suggests there is something bigger in front of us that we just don’t see. Today, thousands worldwide actively use ‘Thurber Techniques’ in their daily lives. Marshall Thurber has proven his methods as a successful attorney, real estate developer, inventor, author, and visionary. He strives every day to maintain his reputation for being powerfully effective, fun, memorable, and cutting edge. Marshall is an influencer whose knowledge deeply seeded the Burklyn Business School in Vermont. Founded in the late 1970s, it was designed to teach global principles of cooperation and the human potential movement learned from legendary futurist Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller. Polishing off his career learning curve, Marshall founded a highly successful real estate firm with two partners in California. He continues to practice what he teaches and on October 10, he will teach what he practices on TEDxMelbourne’s stage.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Be Persistent, Be Present, & Use Your Gift. | Chef Otto Chef Otto is an accomplished chef whose impressive career includes world class establishments such as the Bellagio Hotel, Charlie Trotters, the Atlantis and Mardan Palace, and, most notable, the Culinary Institute of America. He started his career by volunteering as a cook in the United States Navy Submarine Force, feeding men stationed on the USS Patrick Henry in Pearl Harbor. Since then, he has cooked around the globe for Kings, Queens, Moguls, Titans, Rockstars, and World Class Athletes, yet one of his biggest thrills remains catering his 25th high school reunion. Chef Otto is an International Culinary Ambassador who finds that travel, adventure and spreading the gospel of all things food is the marrow of his soul. His passion to help feed the hungry sparked him to initiate Childhood Hunger Day in Washington, D.C. where he organized a 3-day symposium on hunger and poverty legislation on Capitol Hill. His role as a contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef provides notoriety defining his status as a champion against hunger. With hair too high for a ten gallon hat and yet to buy his first pair of cowboy boots, Chef Otto is now digging his heels in the Lone Star landscape as an adopted son. Taste the Freedom!
How Can We Help Our Future Selves? | Hal Hershfield Through his research Hal Hirschfield helps us take a look at our future selves and how we may be able to better attend to the decisions we make today so we are anticipating what we may need in years to come. Hal E. Hershfield is Assistant Professor of Marketing at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. Prior to UCLA, Professor Hershfield taught at NYU’s Stern School of Business, and was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His research focuses on judgment and decision-making and social psychology, with a particular interest in how thinking about time can strongly impact decision-making and emotional experience. Hal received his B.A. in Psychology and English from Tufts University in 2001, and his Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University in 2009. He was recently named a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science, and has received funding from the Templeton Foundation’s New Paths to Purpose Grant Program, and the Russell Sage Foundation Small Grant in Behavioral Economics. His work has been published in top journals including Psychological Science, the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and the Journal of Marketing Research. He has also contributed writing to The New York Times, the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and Harvard Business Review.
Jill Shargaa: Please, please, people. Let’s put the ‘awe’ back in ‘awesome’ Which of the following is awesome: your lunch or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Comedian Jill Shargaa sounds a hilarious call for us to save the word “awesome” for things that truly inspire awe.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- How Shark Tank investor Daymond John became filthy richJanuary 21, 2017
- Warren Buffett says he supports Donald Trump’s cabinet ‘overwhelmingly’January 21, 2017
- US oil rig count spikes by the most in nearly 4 yearsJanuary 20, 2017
- Here’s how much debt the US government added under President ObamaJanuary 20, 2017
- There’s one business on Wall Street that has suddenly ‘become a lot more interesting’January 20, 2017
- President Obama made one of history’s greatest stock market calls in March 2009January 20, 2017
- A personal finance columnist with 15 years of experience shares her 3 biggest money regretsJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘From this moment on, it’s going to be America First’: Here’s President Donald Trump’s full inauguration speechJanuary 20, 2017
- THE TRUMP 5: Meet the offspring of President Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump is creating a huge problem for the future of the auto industryJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘Thank you’: Obama offers final words for the American people after leaving a note for Trump in the Oval OfficeJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump inaugurated as 45th presidentJanuary 20, 2017
- How to Find and Start Your Next Entrepreneurial EffortJanuary 20, 2017
- The 4 Essentials of a Customer Service PlanJanuary 20, 2017
- Sheryl Sandberg: We Can Change the Face of Leadership Through AdvertisingJanuary 20, 2017
- What Franchisees Need to Know About Vendor ContractsJanuary 20, 2017
- Pessimists Aren’t All That BadJanuary 20, 2017
- 10 Entrepreneurs Share Fail-Safe Strategies For More Effective MeetingsJanuary 20, 2017
- 4 Lessons Every Entrepreneur Can Learn From Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Insight Vacations launches 2017 luxury gold portfolio – The Economic TimesJanuary 20, 2017
- Introducing: The Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Night & Day In New 38.5mm ‘Large’ SizeJanuary 20, 2017
- Luxury Watches Online: 4 Digital TrendsJanuary 20, 2017
- 2017 Predictions for the Luxury Industry: Adapt to SucceedJanuary 20, 2017
- Health is the New Wealth for the Affluent Asian ConsumerJanuary 20, 2017
- Assets of High Net Worth investors growingJanuary 20, 2017
- European Union Still Lags Behind Where Bitcoin is ConcernedJanuary 19, 2017
- Why Millennials Are Poorer Than Their Baby-Boomer ParentsJanuary 19, 2017
- Glamorous party girl conned pensioners out of £2m to fund her luxury lifestyle of the best restaurants and trips to the racesJanuary 19, 2017
- 17 Luxury Watches With Marvellous MechanismsJanuary 19, 2017
- High Speed Traders Are Taking Over BitcoinJanuary 19, 2017
- Indian CEOs most optimistic amidst global gloom; hiring to boom this yearJanuary 19, 2017
- Bitcoin: Why It Now Belongs in Every PortfolioJanuary 19, 2017
- Toronto is Becoming a Market for Luxury Products | The Toronto ObserverJanuary 19, 2017
- Baby boomers begin to drain cash in the US – MacroBusinessJanuary 19, 2017
- 10 Leadership Blind Spots That Can Trigger Business Crises In 2017January 19, 2017
- CEOs actually ARE dissing Trump’s claims on jobsJanuary 19, 2017
- Growing The Market: A Bitcoin Shopping GuideJanuary 19, 2017
- Bitcoin is having trouble getting through $900January 19, 2017
- Boomerang kids causing baby boomer parents to stress about retirement, survey suggestsJanuary 19, 2017
- Baby boomers spend the most online (but Gen X buy more)January 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics