Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Pessimism is trouble because it’s bad for your health and your performance. Here’s how to avoid it.
Success in life is about how you handle setbacks and challenges.
Predicting the unexpected | Marshall Thurber Does a bumblebee know its purpose? Marshall Thurber, protege of Buckminster Fuller and W. Edwards Demming, suggests there is something bigger in front of us that we just don’t see. Today, thousands worldwide actively use ‘Thurber Techniques’ in their daily lives. Marshall Thurber has proven his methods as a successful attorney, real estate developer, inventor, author, and visionary. He strives every day to maintain his reputation for being powerfully effective, fun, memorable, and cutting edge. Marshall is an influencer whose knowledge deeply seeded the Burklyn Business School in Vermont. Founded in the late 1970s, it was designed to teach global principles of cooperation and the human potential movement learned from legendary futurist Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller. Polishing off his career learning curve, Marshall founded a highly successful real estate firm with two partners in California. He continues to practice what he teaches and on October 10, he will teach what he practices on TEDxMelbourne’s stage.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Be Persistent, Be Present, & Use Your Gift. | Chef Otto Chef Otto is an accomplished chef whose impressive career includes world class establishments such as the Bellagio Hotel, Charlie Trotters, the Atlantis and Mardan Palace, and, most notable, the Culinary Institute of America. He started his career by volunteering as a cook in the United States Navy Submarine Force, feeding men stationed on the USS Patrick Henry in Pearl Harbor. Since then, he has cooked around the globe for Kings, Queens, Moguls, Titans, Rockstars, and World Class Athletes, yet one of his biggest thrills remains catering his 25th high school reunion. Chef Otto is an International Culinary Ambassador who finds that travel, adventure and spreading the gospel of all things food is the marrow of his soul. His passion to help feed the hungry sparked him to initiate Childhood Hunger Day in Washington, D.C. where he organized a 3-day symposium on hunger and poverty legislation on Capitol Hill. His role as a contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef provides notoriety defining his status as a champion against hunger. With hair too high for a ten gallon hat and yet to buy his first pair of cowboy boots, Chef Otto is now digging his heels in the Lone Star landscape as an adopted son. Taste the Freedom!
How Can We Help Our Future Selves? | Hal Hershfield Through his research Hal Hirschfield helps us take a look at our future selves and how we may be able to better attend to the decisions we make today so we are anticipating what we may need in years to come. Hal E. Hershfield is Assistant Professor of Marketing at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. Prior to UCLA, Professor Hershfield taught at NYU’s Stern School of Business, and was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His research focuses on judgment and decision-making and social psychology, with a particular interest in how thinking about time can strongly impact decision-making and emotional experience. Hal received his B.A. in Psychology and English from Tufts University in 2001, and his Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University in 2009. He was recently named a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science, and has received funding from the Templeton Foundation’s New Paths to Purpose Grant Program, and the Russell Sage Foundation Small Grant in Behavioral Economics. His work has been published in top journals including Psychological Science, the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and the Journal of Marketing Research. He has also contributed writing to The New York Times, the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and Harvard Business Review.
Jill Shargaa: Please, please, people. Let’s put the ‘awe’ back in ‘awesome’ Which of the following is awesome: your lunch or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Comedian Jill Shargaa sounds a hilarious call for us to save the word “awesome” for things that truly inspire awe.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
- Christie’s Beverly Hills Flagship Features Exhibition Worth Around $500 MillionApril 23, 2017
- Is Amsterdam the World’s New Culinary Capital?April 23, 2017
- Four Seasons Is Building Magical Homes at Disney World—Here’s an Inside LookApril 23, 2017
- Six Visionary Electric Vehicles Designed with Earth Day in MindApril 23, 2017
- Can This Luxurious Nile Cruise Ship Revive Egypt’s Tourism Industry?April 23, 2017
- 10 Hybrid Superyachts for Earth DayApril 23, 2017
- Oil Falls Below $50 as Surging U.S. Output Undermines OPEC CutsApril 23, 2017
- I Make My Employees Go Tech-Free When They Take Time OffApril 23, 2017
- World’s Big Economies Cast An Uneasy Eye On U.S.April 23, 2017
- Look How Far Food Prices Have Fallen In CanadaApril 22, 2017
- Mysterious Bitcoin Founder Possibly Worth Over $1 BillionApril 22, 2017
- How Can Retail Be Dead When Zara Owner Replaces Jeff Bezos as the World’s Second Richest Man?April 22, 2017
- Many investors may be overexposed to US stocks. Here’s why it may make sense to look abroadApril 21, 2017
- BLACKSTONE COO: We’re the solution to America’s retirement crisisApril 21, 2017
- Foreign workers in rich nations are sending less money home — and it’s hurting poor economiesApril 21, 2017
- BAML: The ‘$1 trillion flow that conquers all’ explains everything happening in marketsApril 21, 2017
- Wal-Mart E-Commerce CEO Gets $244 Million in Pay After Jet DealApril 21, 2017
- How A Family Of Four Making $500K Annually Ends Up With Nearly No Savings At The End Of The YearApril 21, 2017
- Secretary Of State Rex Tillerson Paid Millions As CEO of Exxon MobilApril 21, 2017
- United’s CEO May Be Getting A $13 Million Bonus, But Recent Overbooking Scandal Might Cost Him $500,000 Of ThatApril 21, 2017
- Bill Gates forbid his kids from having cell phones until age 14April 20, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics