Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Pessimism is trouble because it’s bad for your health and your performance. Here’s how to avoid it.
Success in life is about how you handle setbacks and challenges.
Predicting the unexpected | Marshall Thurber Does a bumblebee know its purpose? Marshall Thurber, protege of Buckminster Fuller and W. Edwards Demming, suggests there is something bigger in front of us that we just don’t see. Today, thousands worldwide actively use ‘Thurber Techniques’ in their daily lives. Marshall Thurber has proven his methods as a successful attorney, real estate developer, inventor, author, and visionary. He strives every day to maintain his reputation for being powerfully effective, fun, memorable, and cutting edge. Marshall is an influencer whose knowledge deeply seeded the Burklyn Business School in Vermont. Founded in the late 1970s, it was designed to teach global principles of cooperation and the human potential movement learned from legendary futurist Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller. Polishing off his career learning curve, Marshall founded a highly successful real estate firm with two partners in California. He continues to practice what he teaches and on October 10, he will teach what he practices on TEDxMelbourne’s stage.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Be Persistent, Be Present, & Use Your Gift. | Chef Otto Chef Otto is an accomplished chef whose impressive career includes world class establishments such as the Bellagio Hotel, Charlie Trotters, the Atlantis and Mardan Palace, and, most notable, the Culinary Institute of America. He started his career by volunteering as a cook in the United States Navy Submarine Force, feeding men stationed on the USS Patrick Henry in Pearl Harbor. Since then, he has cooked around the globe for Kings, Queens, Moguls, Titans, Rockstars, and World Class Athletes, yet one of his biggest thrills remains catering his 25th high school reunion. Chef Otto is an International Culinary Ambassador who finds that travel, adventure and spreading the gospel of all things food is the marrow of his soul. His passion to help feed the hungry sparked him to initiate Childhood Hunger Day in Washington, D.C. where he organized a 3-day symposium on hunger and poverty legislation on Capitol Hill. His role as a contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef provides notoriety defining his status as a champion against hunger. With hair too high for a ten gallon hat and yet to buy his first pair of cowboy boots, Chef Otto is now digging his heels in the Lone Star landscape as an adopted son. Taste the Freedom!
How Can We Help Our Future Selves? | Hal Hershfield Through his research Hal Hirschfield helps us take a look at our future selves and how we may be able to better attend to the decisions we make today so we are anticipating what we may need in years to come. Hal E. Hershfield is Assistant Professor of Marketing at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. Prior to UCLA, Professor Hershfield taught at NYU’s Stern School of Business, and was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His research focuses on judgment and decision-making and social psychology, with a particular interest in how thinking about time can strongly impact decision-making and emotional experience. Hal received his B.A. in Psychology and English from Tufts University in 2001, and his Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University in 2009. He was recently named a Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science, and has received funding from the Templeton Foundation’s New Paths to Purpose Grant Program, and the Russell Sage Foundation Small Grant in Behavioral Economics. His work has been published in top journals including Psychological Science, the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and the Journal of Marketing Research. He has also contributed writing to The New York Times, the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and Harvard Business Review.
Jill Shargaa: Please, please, people. Let’s put the ‘awe’ back in ‘awesome’ Which of the following is awesome: your lunch or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Comedian Jill Shargaa sounds a hilarious call for us to save the word “awesome” for things that truly inspire awe.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- 5 Money Lessons Women Must LearnDecember 3, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Saving for EmergenciesDecember 3, 2016
- Dow 20,000: Stock Market Milestone Is Tantalizingly CloseDecember 3, 2016
- 23 Tax Deductions You Can’t Afford to OverlookDecember 3, 2016
- Five ways to hard-wire children for a lifetime of givingDecember 3, 2016
- Author David Bach on how Trump presidency impacts financial planningDecember 3, 2016
- Establishing Your Retirement NumberDecember 3, 2016
- 4 Different Ways to Think of RetirementDecember 3, 2016
- Some 6 million Americans are delinquent with auto loans and it’s going to get worseDecember 3, 2016
- 5 Ways To Delegate EffectivelyDecember 3, 2016
- Are Parents Helping Or Hurting Millennials In The Workplace?December 3, 2016
- Why Richard Branson, Jack Dorsey and other billionaires wake up at dawnDecember 3, 2016
- Canada Making Mistake With Reliance On Oil, Housing: Think TankDecember 3, 2016
- Canada’s Unemployment Rate Drops For The Wrong ReasonDecember 3, 2016
- Conor McGregor Demands To Own A Stake In UFCDecember 3, 2016
- Anheuser-Busch Sets Its Sights On Buying Coca-ColaDecember 3, 2016
- Kanye’s Insurance Policy May Save Him Over $30 MillionDecember 3, 2016
- From Factory Worker To Billionaire Supplier For NikeDecember 3, 2016
- Should Trump Ban Importing Oil from Saudi Arabia?December 3, 2016
- The Secret Service Considering Renting Out A Floor In Trump TowerDecember 3, 2016
- Man Inherits House, Finds $3.7 Million Worth Of Gold Stuffed InsideDecember 3, 2016
- Billionaire Wilbur Ross Named Commerce Secretary Under President-Elect TrumpDecember 3, 2016
- How Two Doctors Saved A Generation From Polio Then Forfeited BILLIONS In Royalties… For The Good Of HumanityDecember 3, 2016
- How Madonna Went From An Aspirating Dancer To World Wide Pop Star With An $800 Million FortuneDecember 3, 2016
- How An Irish Teenager Became A World-Wide Rock Star With A $700 Million FortuneDecember 3, 2016
- There’s A New, Youngest Self-Made Billionaire In The WorldDecember 3, 2016
- Rags To Multi-Billionaire Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Steps Down To Focus On Philanthropy And Social CausesDecember 3, 2016
- These Are The Highest-Paid Players In The NBADecember 3, 2016
- NO! The Founder Of Corona Did NOT Leave $200 Million To His VillageDecember 3, 2016
- 38 enterprise startups that will boom in 2017, according to VC investorsDecember 3, 2016
- Trump likely just infuriated China with the US’s first call to Taiwan since 1979December 3, 2016
- Healthcare spending in the US just did something that rarely happens outside a recessionDecember 3, 2016
- Americans, Not Mexicans, Should Worry About Trump, Slim SaysDecember 3, 2016
- Global Bonds Suffer Worst Monthly Meltdown as $1.7 Trillion LostDecember 3, 2016
- Electric Cars Could Take an OPEC-Sized Bite From Oil DemandDecember 3, 2016
- Since Trump’s Election, Mark Zuckerberg’s Net Worth Has Fallen $3.7 BillionDecember 3, 2016
- Self-made millionaire: This critical mindset shift helped me earn my first millionDecember 3, 2016
- Mark Cuban says that his best life hack is saying yes to email and no to meetingsDecember 3, 2016
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg calls on CEOs to make sure employees get enough sleepDecember 3, 2016
- How two 25-year-old college dropouts built a watch company that made $60 million this yearDecember 3, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics