Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for January 3rd, 2013
If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects – Albert Einstein
The expert in anything was once a beginner
Fun is the Future: Mastering Gamification Gamification is fundamentally rewriting the rules of engagement for product design and marketing. From Foursquare to Farmville and from Nike to the Navy, game mechanics like points, badges, levels, challenges, rewards and leaderboards are being used in ever greater numbers. But what does this mean for “traditional” marketing & UI/UX and how do you leverage this trend in your engagement strategy? Moreover, how do we measure success, and why will every company have a Chief Engagement Officer in the next few years? Find out more in this in-depth discussion with Gamification Expert, Gabe Zichermann — author of “Game-Based Marketing” and the Gamification.co blog, and Chair of the Gamification Summit. GABE ZICHERMANN is an author, highly rated public speaker and serial entrepreneur. His most recent book,Game-Based Marketing (Wiley, 4/2010) has achieved critical and industry acclaim for its detailed look at innovators who blend the power of games with brand strategy. His next book on game mechanics is a detailed technical look at architecture and implementation. Gabe is also the Chair of the Gamification Workshops and Summit, upcoming events that bring together the leading minds in Gamification and Engagement Science – http://gsummit.com. A resident of NYC, Gabe is a board member of StartOut.org, advisor to a number of startups and Facilitator for the NYC chapter of the Founder
Jeff DeGraff – Competing Values Framework Yellow (Part 1) Jeff DeGraff Explains the Competing Values Framework – “Collaborate” – at an Executive MBA program at the Ross Business School, University of Michigan Blue (Part 2) Red (Part 3) Green (Part 4)
Jeff DeGraff: Breakthrough Innovation and Organic Growth (Create) Jeff DeGraff: Breakthrough Innovation and Organic Growth (Create) Green (Create) Characteristics: –Visionary thinkers –Big-picture thinkers and experimenters –Surrounded by diverse people –Quick and charismatic —Short attention span / unfinished projects –Reliance on predictions and forecasts –Ignore rules (hard to manage) –Unique/ Individual/ Different —Embrace diversity and work with outside organizations –Constant novel / new experimentation –Inattention to detail Green (Create) Optimal Environments: –Multiple stimulating projects –Flexible (and free of direction and management) –Unorthodox work schedule –“Greenhouse” funds in budget —Independent and group scenarios Companies with Green (Create) Characteristics: –Pixar –Apple —Genentech
Jeff DeGraff: Organizational Culture and Competency (Collaborate / Yellow) Jeff DeGraff, Dean of Innovation Organizational Culture and Competency (Collaborate / Yellow)
Jeff DeGraff: Revenue, Profits, and Speed (Compete / Blue) Jeff DeGraff, Dean of Innovation Revenue, Profits, and Speed (Compete / Blue) Now let’s talk about the compete quadrant or the blue quadrant which is all about revenue and it’s all about going really fast. Well, being a business school professor I could tell you a lot about this quadrant because that’s what we train MBAs to be, right? They’re these kind of hard charging, look for the money, find it, show the revenue, pay the shareholders, get after it. Well these people are very goal and action oriented. It’s all about getting after it right now and they’re very much impatient. They’re very matter-of-fact. They’re very aggressive. They’re extremely competitive so everything is kind of a race with each other. They’re very decisive so they don’t take a lot of time to make decisions and they’re very challenging.
Jeff DeGraff: Large Scale Efficiency and Replicable Quality (Control / Red) Jeff DeGraff, Dean of Innovation –Now let’s take a look at the control position, the control competency, the control culture. Let’s look at the type of leaders, workplaces and practices that we need in order to create that incremental form of innovation that’s highly optimized. Remember, we’re looking for efficiency here and quality here. It’s going to be highly optimized so it’s not going to be radical innovation but there’s gonna be almost no risk in this form of innovation in the red position which is the opposite of the green position.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Al Gore just sold $29 million of Apple stockFebruary 24, 2017
- Saving for college? Why bank accounts aren’t smartFebruary 24, 2017
- Q&A: Melinda Gates explains why charity cannot waitFebruary 24, 2017
- Millennial parents still like to tap the Bank of Mom & DadFebruary 24, 2017
- How to raise financially savvy kidsFebruary 24, 2017
- Whom to trust when buying an annuity?February 24, 2017
- A psychologist for the ultra-rich dishes on what billionaires stress aboutFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla Is on Track to Deliver Us Into the Next Age in EnergyFebruary 24, 2017
- China says no intention of using currency devaluation to its advantageFebruary 24, 2017
- February U.S. auto sales seen up 0.6 percent: JD Power-LMCFebruary 24, 2017
- U.S. governors prepare wish lists for Trump infrastructure promiseFebruary 24, 2017
- Why Richard Branson prefers to work in a hammock or tub rather than at a deskFebruary 24, 2017
- Fine Wines to Buy in 2017February 24, 2017
- Trump’s immigration plans could cripple the US economy and hurt the workers he’s pledging to protectFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump Is on the Verge of His Own Bull MarketFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump’s Nafta Revamp Could Hit Close to Home for Key U.S. IndustriesFebruary 24, 2017
- Canada’s Fading Oil Promise Leaves U.S. Majors StrugglingFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla May Need to Raise More Money SoonFebruary 24, 2017
- Saudi Arabia $2 Trillion Aramco Vision Runs Into Market RealityFebruary 24, 2017
- Bitcoin hits record high above $1,200 on talk of ETF approvalFebruary 24, 2017
- Warren Buffett follows only one rule of investing, and violates it all the timeFebruary 24, 2017
- Robert Shiller: With stock valuations high, it’s time to reduce your holdingsFebruary 24, 2017
- Futures drop along with oil pricesFebruary 24, 2017
- Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in Vietnam: state TVFebruary 24, 2017
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year’s biggest launchesFebruary 24, 2017
- How GOP War On Retirement Will Hurt YouFebruary 24, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 24, 2017
- Snapdeal Co-Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut – NDTVFebruary 24, 2017
- Dominic Chappell’s company to sue Sir Philip Green over BHS headquartersFebruary 24, 2017
- Billionaire #Soros accused of ‘undermining democracy’ in EU member statesFebruary 24, 2017
- Tom Hanks has written his first book, a collection of short storiesFebruary 24, 2017
- British food retail legend Sir Ken Morrison dies | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Trillions of dollars at risk as benefactors unprepared to transfer wealth | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Achieve your full potential with new Global Family Office Benchmarking | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Letter from the US: What Trump means for large US family businesses | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Icon: Eric Michael Hilton | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Keeping up with the Jones Prize: New award champions leaders in philanthropy | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Industry outlook: Blended families – adding additional layers to entrenched dynamics | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Business property relief a benefit in family succession says Wilsons | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Family-backed investors drop $143bn Unilever takeover bid | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics