Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for November 11th, 2012
/ Behaviour Economics, Bill Gates, Billionaire News, Change, Evolution, Failure, Goals, Habits, Human Capital, Ideas, Innovation, Leadership, Learning, Legacy Resources, Management, Passion, Philosophy, Preserverance, Productivity, Purpose, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Strategic Planning, Success, Talent Management, Ultra High Net Worth, Unique Abilities, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Work Life balance
Bill Gates responds to Malcolm Gladwell’s theory that it takes 10,000 hours of deliberate practice to master a skill. Apart from acknowledging luck, timing and an open mind, Gates suggests that a successful person survives many cycles of attrition to make it to 10,000 hours of experience. “You do have to be lucky enough, but also fanatical enough to keep going,” explains Gates. Microsoft founder Bill Gates leads a conversation with his father Bill Gates Senior, titled “A Conversation with My Father,” in which the pair talk about parenting, philanthropy, commerce and citizenship. Bill Gates Sr. was an attorney who co-founded his own firm and was on the board of Planned Parenthood. Since retiring from law in 1998, he has served as the co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and as director for Costco Wholesale. He’s also the author of Showing Up for Life: Thoughts on the Gifts of a Lifetime as well as Wealth and Commonwealth: Why America Should Tax Accumulated Fortunes. Bill Gates III is chairman of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. In July 2008, Gates transitioned out of a day-to-day role in the company to spend more time on his global health and education work at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Gates continues to serve as Microsoft’s chairman and an advisor on key development projects.
Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world’s energy future, describing the need for “miracles” to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he’s backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050. A passionate techie and a shrewd businessman, Bill Gates changed the world once, while leading Microsoft to dizzying success. Now he’s set to do it again with his own style of philanthropy and passion for innovation. Why you should listen to him? Bill Gates is founder and former CEO of Microsoft. A geek icon, tech visionary and business trailblazer, Gates’ leadership — fueled by his long-held dream that millions might realize their potential through great software — made Microsoft a personal computing powerhouse and a trendsetter in the Internet dawn. Whether you’re a suit, chef, quant, artist, media maven, nurse or gamer, you’ve probably used a Microsoft product today. In summer of 2008, Gates left his day-to-day role with Microsoft to focus on philanthropy. Holding that all lives have equal value (no matter where they’re being lived), the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has now donated staggering sums to HIV/AIDS programs, libraries, agriculture research and disaster relief — and offered vital guidance and creative funding to programs in global health and education. Gates believes his tech-centric strategy for giving will prove the killer app of planet Earth’s next big upgrade. In his second annual letter, released in late January 2010, Gates takes stock of his first full year with the Gates Foundation. “When Gates looks at the world, a world in which millions of preventable deaths occur each year, he sees an irrational, inefficient, broken system, an application that needs to be debugged. It shocks him — his word — that people don’t see this, the same way it shocked him that nobody but he and [Paul] Allen saw the microchip for what it was.” Time
/ Bill Gates, Billionaire News, Business Values, Capitalism, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Future, Ideas, Innovation, Investing, Money, Money Values, Planning, Power of Intention, Productivity, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Purpose, Significance, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Structure, Success, Talent Management, Technology Resources, Trends, True Wealth, Ultra High Net Worth, Visionary, Wealth Resources
Bill Gates: How to Fix Capitalism TIME Magazine editor Richard Stengel discusses creative capitalism with Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates.
Building a United States of Success | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation We now know that today a high school diploma is not enough for our students, or for our country, to compete in the global economy. In a study of 34 countries, the U.S. ranked 18th in student math scores. Find out why shared academic standards for all states can make a difference.
Melinda Gates on the Importance of Evaluations in Teaching Part of the American Graduate project addressing the country’s high school dropout crisis, teachers across the nation have weighed in at town halls on what’s working and what’s not. Hari Sreenivasan and Melinda Gates discuss how the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hopes to best tackle education reform.
Melinda Gates: What nonprofits can learn from Coca-Cola In her talk, Melinda Gates makes a provocative case for nonprofits taking a cue from corporations such as Coca-Cola, whose plugged-in, global network of marketers and distributors ensures that every remote village wants — and can get — a Coke. Why shouldn’t this work for condoms, sanitation, vaccinations too? Melinda French Gates is co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Why you should listen to her? As co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda French Gates helps shape and approve foundation strategies, review results, advocate for foundation issues and set the overall direction of the organization. Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health with vaccines and other life-saving tools and giving them a chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to dramatically improve education so that all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Jeff Raikes and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
- Faced With World’s Highest Car Prices, Singapore’s Rich Swap Supercars For Luxury Motor YachtsMarch 25, 2017
- How This Millennial CEO Of 3 Companies Handles Work Life BalanceMarch 25, 2017
- How Trump’s Web Of Influence Extends From Indonesia To Silicon ValleyMarch 25, 2017
- How Alibaba’s Jack Ma Is Building a Truly Global Retail EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- A record number of Americans are now millionaires, new study showsMarch 25, 2017
- The healthcare industry is starting to turn on itself as pressure over drug prices heats upMarch 25, 2017
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018March 25, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here are the ‘danger signals’ for a stock market top that we’re watching | 03/22/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 25, 2017
- The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2017March 25, 2017
- Rupert Murdoch reportedly sold $125 million in Theranos stock for just $1March 25, 2017
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000March 25, 2017
- One chart shows the huge amount of money Apple is spending to buy its own stockMarch 25, 2017
- The US government’s laptop ban is now in effect — here’s what we know so farMarch 25, 2017
- Ivanka Trump’s new White House position could be an ethical minefieldMarch 25, 2017
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics