Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for November 11th, 2012
/ Behaviour Economics, Bill Gates, Billionaire News, Change, Evolution, Failure, Goals, Habits, Human Capital, Ideas, Innovation, Leadership, Learning, Legacy Resources, Management, Passion, Philosophy, Preserverance, Productivity, Purpose, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Strategic Planning, Success, Talent Management, Ultra High Net Worth, Unique Abilities, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Work Life balance
Bill Gates responds to Malcolm Gladwell’s theory that it takes 10,000 hours of deliberate practice to master a skill. Apart from acknowledging luck, timing and an open mind, Gates suggests that a successful person survives many cycles of attrition to make it to 10,000 hours of experience. “You do have to be lucky enough, but also fanatical enough to keep going,” explains Gates. Microsoft founder Bill Gates leads a conversation with his father Bill Gates Senior, titled “A Conversation with My Father,” in which the pair talk about parenting, philanthropy, commerce and citizenship. Bill Gates Sr. was an attorney who co-founded his own firm and was on the board of Planned Parenthood. Since retiring from law in 1998, he has served as the co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and as director for Costco Wholesale. He’s also the author of Showing Up for Life: Thoughts on the Gifts of a Lifetime as well as Wealth and Commonwealth: Why America Should Tax Accumulated Fortunes. Bill Gates III is chairman of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. In July 2008, Gates transitioned out of a day-to-day role in the company to spend more time on his global health and education work at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Gates continues to serve as Microsoft’s chairman and an advisor on key development projects.
Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world’s energy future, describing the need for “miracles” to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he’s backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050. A passionate techie and a shrewd businessman, Bill Gates changed the world once, while leading Microsoft to dizzying success. Now he’s set to do it again with his own style of philanthropy and passion for innovation. Why you should listen to him? Bill Gates is founder and former CEO of Microsoft. A geek icon, tech visionary and business trailblazer, Gates’ leadership — fueled by his long-held dream that millions might realize their potential through great software — made Microsoft a personal computing powerhouse and a trendsetter in the Internet dawn. Whether you’re a suit, chef, quant, artist, media maven, nurse or gamer, you’ve probably used a Microsoft product today. In summer of 2008, Gates left his day-to-day role with Microsoft to focus on philanthropy. Holding that all lives have equal value (no matter where they’re being lived), the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has now donated staggering sums to HIV/AIDS programs, libraries, agriculture research and disaster relief — and offered vital guidance and creative funding to programs in global health and education. Gates believes his tech-centric strategy for giving will prove the killer app of planet Earth’s next big upgrade. In his second annual letter, released in late January 2010, Gates takes stock of his first full year with the Gates Foundation. “When Gates looks at the world, a world in which millions of preventable deaths occur each year, he sees an irrational, inefficient, broken system, an application that needs to be debugged. It shocks him — his word — that people don’t see this, the same way it shocked him that nobody but he and [Paul] Allen saw the microchip for what it was.” Time
/ Bill Gates, Billionaire News, Business Values, Capitalism, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Future, Ideas, Innovation, Investing, Money, Money Values, Planning, Power of Intention, Productivity, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Purpose, Significance, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Structure, Success, Talent Management, Technology Resources, Trends, True Wealth, Ultra High Net Worth, Visionary, Wealth Resources
Bill Gates: How to Fix Capitalism TIME Magazine editor Richard Stengel discusses creative capitalism with Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates.
Building a United States of Success | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation We now know that today a high school diploma is not enough for our students, or for our country, to compete in the global economy. In a study of 34 countries, the U.S. ranked 18th in student math scores. Find out why shared academic standards for all states can make a difference.
Melinda Gates on the Importance of Evaluations in Teaching Part of the American Graduate project addressing the country’s high school dropout crisis, teachers across the nation have weighed in at town halls on what’s working and what’s not. Hari Sreenivasan and Melinda Gates discuss how the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hopes to best tackle education reform.
Melinda Gates: What nonprofits can learn from Coca-Cola In her talk, Melinda Gates makes a provocative case for nonprofits taking a cue from corporations such as Coca-Cola, whose plugged-in, global network of marketers and distributors ensures that every remote village wants — and can get — a Coke. Why shouldn’t this work for condoms, sanitation, vaccinations too? Melinda French Gates is co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Why you should listen to her? As co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda French Gates helps shape and approve foundation strategies, review results, advocate for foundation issues and set the overall direction of the organization. Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health with vaccines and other life-saving tools and giving them a chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to dramatically improve education so that all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Jeff Raikes and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- What Is Betsy DeVos’ Net Worth? The Billionaire Is Trump’s Secretary of EducationDecember 2, 2016
- ‘This makes a vast difference’: Canadian producers eye growth plans as OPEC cutsDecember 2, 2016
- U.S. dollar hasn’t been this high in 14 years and it’s clobbering just about everybody elseDecember 2, 2016
- Donald Trump’s cabinet choices want to tax Canadian imports 20 per centDecember 2, 2016
- Why even a crystal ball is no guarantee of making money in the stock marketDecember 2, 2016
- Couple dreams of retiring to tropical paradise, but breaking ties with Canada may not be cheapDecember 2, 2016
- Fed Should Lead Global Rate Rise, Former BOC Governor SaysDecember 2, 2016
- With Trump Threatening Nafta, Canada Opens Its Doors to MexicansDecember 2, 2016
- Here’s how Wall Street is reacting to Starbucks CEO Schultz stepping downDecember 2, 2016
- Here’s why you should care about the Italian referendumDecember 2, 2016
- OPEC has kept oil markets on a roller coaster — and that’s not likely to changeDecember 2, 2016
- The top 10 investment ideas for 2017: UBSDecember 2, 2016
- How Starbucks’ Howard Schultz went from the projects to creating 300,000 jobs and a $3 billion fortuneDecember 2, 2016
- Mexico on Carrier deal: ‘Trump is telling the truth’ about saving US jobsDecember 2, 2016
- ‘Unnatural’ for Trump to disconnect from his businesses, Blackstone’s billionaire CEO saysDecember 2, 2016
- The No. 1 thing successful married couples never do with their moneyDecember 2, 2016
- Trump is forming an economic advisory team with the CEOs of Disney, General Motors, JPMorgan, and moreDecember 2, 2016
- Unemployment rate tumbles to a 9-year lowDecember 2, 2016
- There’s an ‘invisible majority’ in America that has been left behind by financial innovationDecember 2, 2016
- There’s only one tech CEO on Trump’s economic advisory team — and she’s not from Silicon ValleyDecember 2, 2016
- ‘This is not a roster that says ‘the economy is rigged”: Meet the economic leadership team Trump is buildingDecember 2, 2016
- What ‘are so many of them doing?’ 95 million not in US labor forceDecember 2, 2016
- Guess which billionaires get to keep the billions they got off of Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme?December 2, 2016
- Massive oil discovery in Texas will lead to decades of improved energy independence for the U.S. – NaturalNews.comDecember 2, 2016
- It’s actually sad to be rich: SoftBank’s billionaire chief Masayoshi SonDecember 2, 2016
- Where Did The World’s Richest People Go To College?December 2, 2016
- Warren Buffett’s Strategy to Get Income From Any Stock — The Motley FoolDecember 2, 2016
- After Losing China to Alibaba, Amazon Taking No Prisoners in IndiaDecember 2, 2016
- Amazon’s Growing Power In The U.S. EconomyDecember 2, 2016
- Billionaire Bashing: Media suggest Trump’s wealthy picks will screw the rest of usDecember 2, 2016
- Mexican billionaire Slim says Trump could be good for MexicoDecember 2, 2016
- Toyota deal adds city tech executive to billionaires list – Nairobi NewsDecember 2, 2016
- A Few Billionaires Are Turning Medical Philanthropy On Its HeadDecember 2, 2016
- Micek: The populist and his crew of billionairesDecember 2, 2016
- How I Used Real Estate to Completely Fund My Kid’s College EducationDecember 2, 2016
- Accel Partners raises $450 million India fundDecember 2, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 2, 2016
- Israel’s Gett gets $100 million loan from Russian SberbankDecember 2, 2016
- MENA millionaire numbers set to grow to 460,000 by 2021December 2, 2016
- Crown Prince Becomes First New Thai King in Seven DecadesDecember 2, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics