Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for November 1st, 2012
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 3 ) How To Connect With People
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 2 ) How To Connect With People
The world’s most respected leadership expert gives five principles and five practices for breaking the invisible barrier to leadership and personal success. You have a good idea but can’t convince your peers of its merit. You crafted a groundbreaking strategy, but the team trudges on in the same old way. Certain people move forward in their career while you seem to be stuck. If this describes you or someone you know, the problem is not the quality of what you have to offer. The problem is how you connect with people to create the results you desire. In Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, John Maxwell takes readers through the Five Connecting Principles and the Five Connecting Practices of top-notch achievers. He believes that a person’s ability to create change and results in any organization-be it a company, church, nonprofit, or even a family-is directly tied to the ability to use the teachings of this book.
If you’ve never read The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, you’ve been missing out on one of the best-selling leadership books of all time. If you have read the original version, then you’ll love this new expanded and updated one. Internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author John C. Maxwell has taken this million-seller and made it even better: Every Law of Leadership has been sharpened and updated Seventeen new leadership stories are included Two new Laws of Leadership are introduced New evaluation tool will reveal your leadership strengths—and weaknesses New application exercises in every chapter will help you grow Why would Dr. Maxwell make changes to his best-selling book? “A book is a conversation between the author and reader,” says Maxwell. “It’s been ten years since I wrote The 21 Laws of Leadership. I’ve grown a lot since then. I’ve taught these laws in dozens of countries around the world. This new edition gives me the opportunity to share what I’ve learned.”
Click on Hyperagency and High-Tech Donors: A New Theory of the New Philanthropists to read the article. Presented at the annual ARNOVA conference November, 2003. This paper develops the theoretical concept of hyperagency and applies it to interpret the philanthropy of high-tech donors in particular, and wealthy donors in general.
Click on “Better Than Gold: The Moral Biography of Charitable Giving” to read the article. This presentation focuses on the addition of a third key component for fundraising in congregations in addition to the traditional mission-based and spirituality-based approaches. The mission-based model of stewardship identifies congregational needs and invites the congregation to contribute to meet those needs. The spirituality-based model asks individuals to reflect upon their relationship to God and to develop their inclination to become sacrificial givers to serve God’s needs rather than only meeting particular needs in the church. Although each of these models serve their own vital role, a third model that considers the needs of the donating member is of equal importance. I suggest the voluntary contribution of financial gifts will be most highly motivated and productive where we find the confluence of meeting the needs of the congregation, God, and the donor – what Thomas Aquinas describes as the unity of love of God, love of neighbor, and love of self. I discuss three important aspects of the needs of donors that should be taken into account in stewardship efforts. The first aspect is the notion that charitable giving is a practice that helps constitute an individual’s life as a moral biography. The second aspect is the increasing material capacity that is increasingly forming the basis for growth in charitable giving. And finally, the third aspect is the notion that working with the inclinations of donors through a self-reflective process of discernment will make charitable giving more meaningful and more abundant.
Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy by Paul G. Schervish
Click on Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy to read the article. Increasing numbers of individuals are approaching, achieving, or even exceeding their financial goals at younger and younger ages. A level of affluence that had been rare has come to characterize large groups and even whole cultures. In the context of an ongoing intergenerational transfer of wealth, the author examines demographic and spiritual trends that are motivating wealth holders to allocate an ever-greater portion of their financial resources to charity.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Margin debt is sending a worrisome signal about where stocks are heading nextJanuary 23, 2017
- Silicon Valley billionaires are preparing for the apocalypse with motorcycles, guns, and private hideawaysJanuary 23, 2017
- Here are the 2 reasons Sprint could think Jay Z’s Tidal is worth $600 millionJanuary 23, 2017
- Animated map reveals the most dangerous countries in the world for touristsJanuary 23, 2017
- America’s millennials stuck in their parents’ basement may finally be able to move outJanuary 23, 2017
- TRUMP: We’re going to ‘cut regulations by 75%’ and impose a ‘very major border tax’January 23, 2017
- Forget 4% growth: 3% would be a major feat for Trump after record droughtJanuary 22, 2017
- At a private lunch in Davos, Jamie Dimon was asked about the elephant in the roomJanuary 22, 2017
- MORGAN STANLEY: A ‘correlation crash’ is happening in the marketsJanuary 22, 2017
- Billionaire Richard Branson thinks everyone should watch these 20 documentariesJanuary 22, 2017
- China dumping U.S. Treasury debt in record volume… is this a prelude to the globalist assault on Trump’s economy?January 22, 2017
- How Shark Tank investor Daymond John became filthy richJanuary 21, 2017
- Warren Buffett says he supports Donald Trump’s cabinet ‘overwhelmingly’January 21, 2017
- US oil rig count spikes by the most in nearly 4 yearsJanuary 20, 2017
- Here’s how much debt the US government added under President ObamaJanuary 20, 2017
- There’s one business on Wall Street that has suddenly ‘become a lot more interesting’January 20, 2017
- President Obama made one of history’s greatest stock market calls in March 2009January 20, 2017
- A personal finance columnist with 15 years of experience shares her 3 biggest money regretsJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘From this moment on, it’s going to be America First’: Here’s President Donald Trump’s full inauguration speechJanuary 20, 2017
- THE TRUMP 5: Meet the offspring of President Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump is creating a huge problem for the future of the auto industryJanuary 20, 2017
- ‘Thank you’: Obama offers final words for the American people after leaving a note for Trump in the Oval OfficeJanuary 20, 2017
- Trump inaugurated as 45th presidentJanuary 20, 2017
- How to Find and Start Your Next Entrepreneurial EffortJanuary 20, 2017
- The 4 Essentials of a Customer Service PlanJanuary 20, 2017
- Sheryl Sandberg: We Can Change the Face of Leadership Through AdvertisingJanuary 20, 2017
- What Franchisees Need to Know About Vendor ContractsJanuary 20, 2017
- Pessimists Aren’t All That BadJanuary 20, 2017
- 10 Entrepreneurs Share Fail-Safe Strategies For More Effective MeetingsJanuary 20, 2017
- 4 Lessons Every Entrepreneur Can Learn From Donald TrumpJanuary 20, 2017
- Insight Vacations launches 2017 luxury gold portfolio – The Economic TimesJanuary 20, 2017
- Introducing: The Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Night & Day In New 38.5mm ‘Large’ SizeJanuary 20, 2017
- Luxury Watches Online: 4 Digital TrendsJanuary 20, 2017
- 2017 Predictions for the Luxury Industry: Adapt to SucceedJanuary 20, 2017
- Health is the New Wealth for the Affluent Asian ConsumerJanuary 20, 2017
- Assets of High Net Worth investors growingJanuary 20, 2017
- European Union Still Lags Behind Where Bitcoin is ConcernedJanuary 19, 2017
- Why Millennials Are Poorer Than Their Baby-Boomer ParentsJanuary 19, 2017
- Glamorous party girl conned pensioners out of £2m to fund her luxury lifestyle of the best restaurants and trips to the racesJanuary 19, 2017
- 17 Luxury Watches With Marvellous MechanismsJanuary 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics