Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for November 1st, 2012
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 3 ) How To Connect With People
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 2 ) How To Connect With People
The world’s most respected leadership expert gives five principles and five practices for breaking the invisible barrier to leadership and personal success. You have a good idea but can’t convince your peers of its merit. You crafted a groundbreaking strategy, but the team trudges on in the same old way. Certain people move forward in their career while you seem to be stuck. If this describes you or someone you know, the problem is not the quality of what you have to offer. The problem is how you connect with people to create the results you desire. In Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, John Maxwell takes readers through the Five Connecting Principles and the Five Connecting Practices of top-notch achievers. He believes that a person’s ability to create change and results in any organization-be it a company, church, nonprofit, or even a family-is directly tied to the ability to use the teachings of this book.
If you’ve never read The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, you’ve been missing out on one of the best-selling leadership books of all time. If you have read the original version, then you’ll love this new expanded and updated one. Internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author John C. Maxwell has taken this million-seller and made it even better: Every Law of Leadership has been sharpened and updated Seventeen new leadership stories are included Two new Laws of Leadership are introduced New evaluation tool will reveal your leadership strengths—and weaknesses New application exercises in every chapter will help you grow Why would Dr. Maxwell make changes to his best-selling book? “A book is a conversation between the author and reader,” says Maxwell. “It’s been ten years since I wrote The 21 Laws of Leadership. I’ve grown a lot since then. I’ve taught these laws in dozens of countries around the world. This new edition gives me the opportunity to share what I’ve learned.”
Click on Hyperagency and High-Tech Donors: A New Theory of the New Philanthropists to read the article. Presented at the annual ARNOVA conference November, 2003. This paper develops the theoretical concept of hyperagency and applies it to interpret the philanthropy of high-tech donors in particular, and wealthy donors in general.
Click on “Better Than Gold: The Moral Biography of Charitable Giving” to read the article. This presentation focuses on the addition of a third key component for fundraising in congregations in addition to the traditional mission-based and spirituality-based approaches. The mission-based model of stewardship identifies congregational needs and invites the congregation to contribute to meet those needs. The spirituality-based model asks individuals to reflect upon their relationship to God and to develop their inclination to become sacrificial givers to serve God’s needs rather than only meeting particular needs in the church. Although each of these models serve their own vital role, a third model that considers the needs of the donating member is of equal importance. I suggest the voluntary contribution of financial gifts will be most highly motivated and productive where we find the confluence of meeting the needs of the congregation, God, and the donor – what Thomas Aquinas describes as the unity of love of God, love of neighbor, and love of self. I discuss three important aspects of the needs of donors that should be taken into account in stewardship efforts. The first aspect is the notion that charitable giving is a practice that helps constitute an individual’s life as a moral biography. The second aspect is the increasing material capacity that is increasingly forming the basis for growth in charitable giving. And finally, the third aspect is the notion that working with the inclinations of donors through a self-reflective process of discernment will make charitable giving more meaningful and more abundant.
Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy by Paul G. Schervish
Click on Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy to read the article. Increasing numbers of individuals are approaching, achieving, or even exceeding their financial goals at younger and younger ages. A level of affluence that had been rare has come to characterize large groups and even whole cultures. In the context of an ongoing intergenerational transfer of wealth, the author examines demographic and spiritual trends that are motivating wealth holders to allocate an ever-greater portion of their financial resources to charity.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The ‘blackmail’ allegations in the £132 million Candy brothers lawsuit could not be weirderMarch 1, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s reason for investing in Apple should be music to Tim Cook’s earsMarch 1, 2017
- Trump’s win is making Oprah reconsider whether she could be presidentMarch 1, 2017
- It costs about $200,000 an hour to operate Air Force One — here’s why it’s so expensiveMarch 1, 2017
- Trump says 94 million Americans are out of the labor force — that’s true if you include teens and grandmaMarch 1, 2017
- Trump goes presidential in first major address to Congress: ‘The time for small thinking is over’March 1, 2017
- $120M in counterfeit designer cosmetics seized in China – NaturalNews.comMarch 1, 2017
- Why the Ultra-Wealthy Will Flock to London Even as Brexit BitesMarch 1, 2017
- Cuban cigar sales rise, defying flat luxury goods marketMarch 1, 2017
- Vietnam bank tycoon, former executives face trial over $66 mln losses – VnExpress InternationalMarch 1, 2017
- Billionaire Philip Green Agrees To Pay $450 Million To BHS Pension FundMarch 1, 2017
- The Aquila Villa is Thailand’s New Dream GetawayMarch 1, 2017
- For Sale: the World’s First Flying CarMarch 1, 2017
- The Macallan Releases a New Scotch Destined to Be Collected and CovetedMarch 1, 2017
- The World’s Most Expensive Taco Is a $25,000 DelightMarch 1, 2017
- Oceanco Reveals 120-Meter Superyacht AmaraMarch 1, 2017
- The American Dream has moved to Canada – Macleans.caMarch 1, 2017
- 7 Failures That Helped Richard Branson Become a MultibillionaireFebruary 28, 2017
- A Delivery Man Just Became One of the Richest People in ChinaFebruary 28, 2017
- Number of super-rich set to rise by 43pc in the next decadeFebruary 28, 2017
- As A Place To Invest, Canada’s Been Kicking Butt For 117 YearsFebruary 28, 2017
- Canadian Inflation Jumps As Carbon Taxes Come Into ForceFebruary 28, 2017
- World’s Rich Are In A Great Migration And Canada A Top DestinationFebruary 28, 2017
- Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross confirmed as Trump’s secretary of commerceFebruary 28, 2017
- UK’s ultra-rich set to grow by a third in 10 years – BBC NewsFebruary 28, 2017
- Anthony Bourdain’s 1 Rule for Workplace HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Psychology Says This Is the Top Contributor to Happiness (It’s Not What You Think)February 28, 2017
- 9 Traps You Fall Into That Limit Your HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- The World Happiness Summit: Making Happiness a ChoiceFebruary 28, 2017
- How to Redesign Your Life for Success and HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Retirement Spending Strategies to Maximize HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Tiffany Trump ‘soon to be within’ the Trump family business, Donald Trump Jr. saysFebruary 28, 2017
- 5 Oscar-Worthy Dress Watches for Your Next Black-Tie GalaFebruary 28, 2017
- The Robb Report Man’s Guide to SpasFebruary 28, 2017
- Three of Milan’s Most Essential Men’s Bespoke TailorsFebruary 28, 2017
- Rock Stars Sammy Hagar and Adam Levine Launch the First Tequila and Mezcal BlendFebruary 28, 2017
- This 1934 Alfa Romeo Racer Placed First in Price at the RM Sotheby’s Paris SaleFebruary 28, 2017
- 10 Speakers that Cost More than a FerrariFebruary 28, 2017
- Phil Mickelson Has Made An Absolutely Ridiculous Amount Of Money During His Golf CareerFebruary 28, 2017
- Andrey Melnichenko’s Giant $400M Yacht Impounded By Gibraltar Port AuthorityFebruary 28, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics