Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for November 1st, 2012
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 3 ) How To Connect With People
John Maxwell Leadership ( Pt 2 ) How To Connect With People
The world’s most respected leadership expert gives five principles and five practices for breaking the invisible barrier to leadership and personal success. You have a good idea but can’t convince your peers of its merit. You crafted a groundbreaking strategy, but the team trudges on in the same old way. Certain people move forward in their career while you seem to be stuck. If this describes you or someone you know, the problem is not the quality of what you have to offer. The problem is how you connect with people to create the results you desire. In Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, John Maxwell takes readers through the Five Connecting Principles and the Five Connecting Practices of top-notch achievers. He believes that a person’s ability to create change and results in any organization-be it a company, church, nonprofit, or even a family-is directly tied to the ability to use the teachings of this book.
If you’ve never read The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, you’ve been missing out on one of the best-selling leadership books of all time. If you have read the original version, then you’ll love this new expanded and updated one. Internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author John C. Maxwell has taken this million-seller and made it even better: Every Law of Leadership has been sharpened and updated Seventeen new leadership stories are included Two new Laws of Leadership are introduced New evaluation tool will reveal your leadership strengths—and weaknesses New application exercises in every chapter will help you grow Why would Dr. Maxwell make changes to his best-selling book? “A book is a conversation between the author and reader,” says Maxwell. “It’s been ten years since I wrote The 21 Laws of Leadership. I’ve grown a lot since then. I’ve taught these laws in dozens of countries around the world. This new edition gives me the opportunity to share what I’ve learned.”
Click on Hyperagency and High-Tech Donors: A New Theory of the New Philanthropists to read the article. Presented at the annual ARNOVA conference November, 2003. This paper develops the theoretical concept of hyperagency and applies it to interpret the philanthropy of high-tech donors in particular, and wealthy donors in general.
Click on “Better Than Gold: The Moral Biography of Charitable Giving” to read the article. This presentation focuses on the addition of a third key component for fundraising in congregations in addition to the traditional mission-based and spirituality-based approaches. The mission-based model of stewardship identifies congregational needs and invites the congregation to contribute to meet those needs. The spirituality-based model asks individuals to reflect upon their relationship to God and to develop their inclination to become sacrificial givers to serve God’s needs rather than only meeting particular needs in the church. Although each of these models serve their own vital role, a third model that considers the needs of the donating member is of equal importance. I suggest the voluntary contribution of financial gifts will be most highly motivated and productive where we find the confluence of meeting the needs of the congregation, God, and the donor – what Thomas Aquinas describes as the unity of love of God, love of neighbor, and love of self. I discuss three important aspects of the needs of donors that should be taken into account in stewardship efforts. The first aspect is the notion that charitable giving is a practice that helps constitute an individual’s life as a moral biography. The second aspect is the increasing material capacity that is increasingly forming the basis for growth in charitable giving. And finally, the third aspect is the notion that working with the inclinations of donors through a self-reflective process of discernment will make charitable giving more meaningful and more abundant.
Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy by Paul G. Schervish
Click on Today’s Wealth Holder and Tomorrow’s Giving: The New Dynamics of Wealth and Philanthropy to read the article. Increasing numbers of individuals are approaching, achieving, or even exceeding their financial goals at younger and younger ages. A level of affluence that had been rare has come to characterize large groups and even whole cultures. In the context of an ongoing intergenerational transfer of wealth, the author examines demographic and spiritual trends that are motivating wealth holders to allocate an ever-greater portion of their financial resources to charity.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Stay on Your OWN Path – Kerry Washington (@kerrywashington) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 9, 2016
- Naveen Jain’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@Naveen_Jain_CEO) – YouTubeDecember 9, 2016
- Follow Your PASSION – Pep Guardiola – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 9, 2016
- Bradley Cooper’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 9, 2016
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Multitask, According to a MIT NeuroscientistDecember 9, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why Servants Are Better in LeadershipDecember 9, 2016
- The $2.6 million Bugatti Chiron is like no other car in the worldDecember 9, 2016
- Wall Street opens higher on gains in health stocksDecember 9, 2016
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in OctoberDecember 9, 2016
- Here’s the presentation David Einhorn just gave to a room of elite hedge fund managersDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- ‘Evidence not politics’: Committee recommends ending Ottawa veto on pipelinesDecember 9, 2016
- The US is $19.9 trillion in debt — here are the countries we owe the mostDecember 9, 2016
- A financial planner reveals an important money lesson young people can learn from the richDecember 9, 2016
- ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ author Tim Ferriss reveals 2 common principles he’s found in successful peopleDecember 9, 2016
- Q&A: GoFundMe CEO Rob Solomon on the Fort Mac Fires and the future of online givingDecember 9, 2016
- Government workers keep getting richer off money taken from the rest of usDecember 9, 2016
- Americans’ odds of earnings more than their parents have plungedDecember 9, 2016
- Robert Shiller on the market rally: ‘Trump does magic’December 9, 2016
- Markets are on a ‘sugar high,’ billionaire hedge fund manager Marc Lasry saysDecember 9, 2016
- This Is How Billionaires Do Their Christmas ShoppingDecember 9, 2016
- Billionaire Rinehart Cleared to Buy Iconic Aussie Cattle CompanyDecember 9, 2016
- Carlos Slim Invests $750 Million More in Telekom AustriaDecember 9, 2016
- Australia’s Luxury Car Market Has Hit A Record High — What’s Behind It?December 9, 2016
- Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley buys a £40m JET despite plummeting profitsDecember 9, 2016
- The rise of the ‘Social CEO’December 8, 2016
- 15 of the Most Beautiful Places in Canada | Cosmopolitan – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- How To Accumulate Real Wealth | CNBC – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- 5 More Reasons Why Most People Don’t Become Wealthy | Brian Tracy – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- PepsiCo CEO: I Write Letters to Parents of My Executives – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- The David Rubenstein Show: Bill Gates – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- China is about to hit Macau hard, and casino stocks are getting spankedDecember 8, 2016
- A behavioral economist reveals when it’s time to quit to your jobDecember 8, 2016
- Something interesting — and possibly alarming — is happening with Tesla stockDecember 8, 2016
- Inflationary pressures are stirring in ChinaDecember 8, 2016
- 4 billionaires who support kids non-profits | EasierDecember 8, 2016
- Only 51% of 30-year-olds are making more money than their parents didDecember 8, 2016
- Stock benchmarks just did something they haven’t done in nearly 20 yearsDecember 8, 2016
- Google Makes So Much Money, It Never Had to Worry About Financial Discipline—Until NowDecember 8, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics