Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for June 23rd, 2012
/ Business Succession, Business Values, Choices, Common Mission, Communication, Culture, Emotions, Estate Planning, Family Values, Happiness, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Listening, Meaning and Purpose, Significance, Success, True Wealth
Transition from one generation to the next is failing Almost half of Canada’s family businesses expect to see an intergenerational transfer of management and/or ownership within the next five years. But a new KPMG Enterprise report says that over 80 per cent have no formal plans in place to manage the family dynamics of the business, intergenerational wealth, and help prepare future generations to continue the family business legacy. The report: Family Ties — Canadian Business in the Family Way was developed in co-operation with the Canadian Association of Family Enterprise. “We know Canadian business families are in good shape and are optimistic about the future,” said Allen Taylor, chair of the CAFE. “However, the general knowledge and understanding of family businesses in Canada is sparse – this study aims to advance the understanding of family businesses, their current and future owners, and the attributes that equate to their success.” Franco Lombardo, author of Great White Elephant: Why Rich Kids Hate Their Parents and financial adviser to high net worth families on wealth transition, was in Calgary this week and said more than 70 per cent of business successions fail from the first to the second generation. “And you have the best legal, accounting and investment management minds working with these families … You’ve got to ask yourself: What’s not working?,” he said. In his stable of clients, he works with six families that have an aggregate net worth of $8.4 billion — three of those families are in Alberta. “Generally speaking, when it comes to advice on wealth transition and business succession planning, the current focus within the succession planning industry is nearly always upon the technical aspects of the process,” he writes in the book. “This approach is driven by the structural and tax-related issues, and typically never takes into account the emotions of the individuals involved.” Lombardo said the book, which is out next week, was written with one goal in mind — increasing the odds of success in passing on wealth or the ownership of a business to the next generation. “Contrary to popular, current industry practices, I firmly believe there is a much better way — and perhaps it’s the only way — to successfully bequeath wealth to your children,” he writes in his book. “The hallmarks of this better way require of those involved the ability to implement the process of wealth transition consciously, intentionally, and with a deep sense of love and in a state of generosity. “Being mindful of the power of these emotional conditions also serves to create a more appropriate climate for wealth transition since they facilitate receptivity in those to whom the gift of wealth is to be bequeathed, and enable them to grasp the spirit of intention with a similar sense of love and in a similar state of generosity.” Key findings of the report include: the biggest challenge facing future generations is gaining the right experience, […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
- From startup to shutdown: 5 tips for entrepreneurs from billionaire Richard BransonMarch 28, 2017
- Goldcorp spends nearly $1 billion to get into Chilean joint venture with Barrick GoldMarch 28, 2017
- The UK is about to formally trigger the Brexit process — here’s what that meansMarch 28, 2017
- Billionaire Mittal Sells $952 Million Stake in India Tower UnitMarch 28, 2017
- Picasso, Monet, and Other Legendary Artists Stayed at These Posh HotelsMarch 28, 2017
- Kavalan’s Five New Single Malts Are Spirited StandoutsMarch 28, 2017
- Sneak Peek: The Waldorf Astoria Beverly HillsMarch 28, 2017
- How middle-class and even wealthy American families are sliding inexorably into the redMarch 27, 2017
- New cars are taking longer to sell than they have since 2009March 27, 2017
- As the stock market sags, it might be time to turn bullishMarch 27, 2017
- Why Your Organization Needs You To Check Your Ego At The DoorMarch 27, 2017
- Amancio Ortega Now World’s Third-Richest Person As Net Worth Soars $1.2 BillionMarch 27, 2017
- Celeb 100: The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities Of 2016March 27, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes SportsMoney Index, The Definitive Money Ranking In SportsMarch 27, 2017
- Forbes 2017 Billionaires List: Meet The Richest People On The PlanetMarch 27, 2017
- Inside the exclusive New York gym where Hugh Jackman, Victoria’s Secret models and Wall Streeters work outMarch 27, 2017
- Here’s how Warren Buffett pays such a low tax rateMarch 27, 2017
- Life Insurance Policy Selection and DesignMarch 27, 2017
- Think Global to Avoid Shrinking U.S. Stock MarketMarch 27, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics