Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Archive for June 23rd, 2012
/ Business Succession, Business Values, Choices, Common Mission, Communication, Culture, Emotions, Estate Planning, Family Values, Happiness, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Listening, Meaning and Purpose, Significance, Success, True Wealth
Transition from one generation to the next is failing Almost half of Canada’s family businesses expect to see an intergenerational transfer of management and/or ownership within the next five years. But a new KPMG Enterprise report says that over 80 per cent have no formal plans in place to manage the family dynamics of the business, intergenerational wealth, and help prepare future generations to continue the family business legacy. The report: Family Ties — Canadian Business in the Family Way was developed in co-operation with the Canadian Association of Family Enterprise. “We know Canadian business families are in good shape and are optimistic about the future,” said Allen Taylor, chair of the CAFE. “However, the general knowledge and understanding of family businesses in Canada is sparse – this study aims to advance the understanding of family businesses, their current and future owners, and the attributes that equate to their success.” Franco Lombardo, author of Great White Elephant: Why Rich Kids Hate Their Parents and financial adviser to high net worth families on wealth transition, was in Calgary this week and said more than 70 per cent of business successions fail from the first to the second generation. “And you have the best legal, accounting and investment management minds working with these families … You’ve got to ask yourself: What’s not working?,” he said. In his stable of clients, he works with six families that have an aggregate net worth of $8.4 billion — three of those families are in Alberta. “Generally speaking, when it comes to advice on wealth transition and business succession planning, the current focus within the succession planning industry is nearly always upon the technical aspects of the process,” he writes in the book. “This approach is driven by the structural and tax-related issues, and typically never takes into account the emotions of the individuals involved.” Lombardo said the book, which is out next week, was written with one goal in mind — increasing the odds of success in passing on wealth or the ownership of a business to the next generation. “Contrary to popular, current industry practices, I firmly believe there is a much better way — and perhaps it’s the only way — to successfully bequeath wealth to your children,” he writes in his book. “The hallmarks of this better way require of those involved the ability to implement the process of wealth transition consciously, intentionally, and with a deep sense of love and in a state of generosity. “Being mindful of the power of these emotional conditions also serves to create a more appropriate climate for wealth transition since they facilitate receptivity in those to whom the gift of wealth is to be bequeathed, and enable them to grasp the spirit of intention with a similar sense of love and in a similar state of generosity.” Key findings of the report include: the biggest challenge facing future generations is gaining the right experience, […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bentley’s 709 hp Four-Door Fury is the World’s Fastest of Its KindJanuary 16, 2017
- Porsche’s New 911 GTS Line Puts the Pedal to PerformanceJanuary 16, 2017
- Extraordinary Gems You’ve Never Heard Of: SpessartiteJanuary 16, 2017
- Whiskey of the Week: Old Forester Birthday BourbonJanuary 16, 2017
- An Intimate Sneak Peek at the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C RoadsterJanuary 16, 2017
- Rolls-Royce Is No Longer Just for the ChauffeuredJanuary 16, 2017
- The Gulfstream G650ER Is on a Record-Setting RollJanuary 16, 2017
- 3 Tech Entepreneurs Are Among The 8 Richest People On EarthJanuary 16, 2017
- Lexus Launches a Stunning and Speedy 42-Foot Sport YachtJanuary 16, 2017
- Luxottica’s merger helps Del Vecchio manage family risksJanuary 16, 2017
- China’s Xi says Chinese economy to keep growing steadilyJanuary 16, 2017
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investmentJanuary 16, 2017
- OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 priceJanuary 16, 2017
- From Microsoft to Facebook, how have the world’s eight richest men built their fortune?January 16, 2017
- You’ll probably live to be 100. Here’s how you need to prepare for itJanuary 16, 2017
- Here’s What World Leaders Think Is the Greatest Risk for 2017 | Fortune.comJanuary 16, 2017
- Millennials Are Worth Half as Much as Their Parents at the Same AgeJanuary 16, 2017
- Donald Trump Has Been Good For CEO ConfidenceJanuary 16, 2017
- Meet the CEOs Who Just Became Billionaires Thanks to Donald TrumpJanuary 16, 2017
- CMU Robotics center to focus on practical applicationJanuary 16, 2017
- What investors are getting all wrong about China, says a top Asian fund managerJanuary 16, 2017
- Pound slides to post-flash-crash lows on ‘hard Brexit’ fearsJanuary 16, 2017
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion dealJanuary 16, 2017
- South Korea wants to arrest Samsung’s vice chairman on bribery and embezzlement chargesJanuary 16, 2017
- Merkel hits back at Trump: Europe’s fate is ‘in our own hands’January 16, 2017
- Cutting Cash Would Be a Boon for the World’s Poor, Rogoff SaysJanuary 16, 2017
- Singapore’s MAS Warns of ‘Disastrous’ Effect of Trade ConflictsJanuary 16, 2017
- Just how badly could Trump’s threatened 45% tariff hurt China?January 16, 2017
- The world’s eight richest people have same amount of money as half the world’s poor: OxfamJanuary 16, 2017
- Nicole Kidman Get’s Blackballed By Hollywood After Calling For Americans To Stand With Trump January 16, 2017
- Why The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stock Is a Must-Own for Income InvestorsJanuary 16, 2017
- Oxfam’s attack on ‘beyond grotesque’ inequality fails to highlight the charitable work of the world’s richest peopleJanuary 16, 2017
- Russian billionaire hires Elton John and Mariah Carey for weddingJanuary 16, 2017
- Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife sues her former personal assistant for £19 millionJanuary 16, 2017
- Germany media giant acquires Hong Kong’s luxury news portal LifestyleAsiaJanuary 16, 2017
- Peter Thiel may be mulling a run for California governor: ReportJanuary 16, 2017
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly AmericansJanuary 16, 2017
- India’s rising income inequality: Richest 1% own 58% of total wealth – Times of IndiaJanuary 15, 2017
- The richest eight tycoons on the planet are worth as much as the poorest 3.6 billion people, Oxfam claimsJanuary 15, 2017
- The world’s largest asset manager wants to rein in the salaries of top execsJanuary 15, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics